Thread: Watch Not Dead Yet - Flicker Of Light!

Watch Not Dead Yet - Flicker Of Light!

Here is what I posted on the end of the other thread -- I also asked about a ladies verison for our Female Z8 owners (as well as a few our spouses who would like one).

Watch Project Back On And....
    WITH BMW TENATIVELY ON BOARD

I spoke today with Caryn Grun, Head of the BMW Lifestyles - Watch Division at BMW NA. (Our Good friend Bill Stuart put me in touch with her -- so thanks again to Bill!)

I had a great conversation with her today. The mark / manufacturer they have been using for all of their watches has been Tourneau, mainly as for customers here in the US, getting some previous watches serviced / warrantied had been a problem and could have taken greater than 6 months as the manufacturer did not have a US warranty mechanism in place. Tornneau does and for BMW's US customers, that is important to them.

She said that in order to do a limited watch, there are a couple requirements that BMW has. 1] The watch has to be "BMW Branded" somewhere, i.e., the BMW roundel or BMW letters somewhere easily visible. 2] Any use of the Z8 logo would have to be reproduced strictly according to BMW's specifications as any use or misuse of their property has to meet their standards. 3] It would have to sell.

She mentioned that typically, BMW developes watches strictly in numbers of 500, 1000, etc. She stated that she thought that she could "sell" the powers that be at BMW AG to do a limited run of maybe 50, since that was our original number we were working with. However, she also stated, that if more were interested, the greater the number of committed sales, the more likely we could get BMW AG to sign off on the project and consequently, the greater the number, the cheaper the price. She stated that she would contact Tourneau, who she thought used Sinn as one of it's manufacturing companies and call BMW AG as well.

She said she would have an answer for me within a week as to what BMW AG would do but she was pretty confident that we would be able to come up with something.

So, if anyone is interested, please reply to the original poll. Caryn has read the post here and is familiar with what we want and hopefully, she will be able to deliver.
    Last edited by Z8doc; October 31st 2007 at 04:07.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Wonderful news, I'm very happy to hear that BMW NA are willing to go to bat for us!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8-NL's Avatar
    If they will offer a watch like the one we choose I am still in.

thanks
    Z8-NL
    Klaus

DSC Off
    I am also still in for the Z8 watch
    Z8Ros
    Evert-Jan

Team Z8
    I'm still in too!

Z8 Novice
    Count me in...

I'm in too! Please update.

REG Z8 01

DSC Off
    What do they offer. A picture please.
    z8Ros
    Evert-Jan

Somehow Reg brought this back from the dead, this thread started back in 07, and despite many valiant efforts no Z8 watch ever did materialize, and at this point I don't think it's something we'll ever see now.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    I would be in depending on what it looks like!