Thread: A new name in BMW tuning...

A new name in BMW tuning...

I don't know much about G Power, I saw their ad in Roundel, and by their website you can see the are very BMW focused, even making a few bits for our car, as you can see in the shots below.

Do any of our European friends have any insight into these guys?

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

YUK - way too low! If they put a few more lights on the front, it might qualify as a Mopar.
    thegunguy

Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    YUK - way too low! If they put a few more lights on the front, it might qualify as a Mopar.
    Ha, that's funny. I was just thinking that the fascia with the fog lamps would be a nice addition. I always wondered why BMW didn't put fog lamps on the Z8. Of course, I'd never add them as my car is to remain bone stock until they bury me in it, but it comes to show that one man's...

Certainly, we all have our different tastes - which makes life enjoyable.

Generally speaking (not Z8 specific), "fog" lights have become way too cliche for my taste. Almost every car produced these days has them (including my Ford PU at ~24" off the ground), but they are purely for "design" (usually bad) and practically worthless from a functional standpoint. They've become as bad as all the worthless wings and spoilers, and don't get me started on the latest fad - side grills/gills. SHEEP!

I was pleased to see the M division break the trend on the latest round of cars - foregoing the fog light "bling" in place of air ducts for brake cooling. Hey, that's something that's actually useful.
    Last edited by thegunguy; October 23rd 2007 at 18:46.
    thegunguy

Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    Certainly, we all have our different tastes - which makes life enjoyable.

Generally speaking (not Z8 specific), "fog" lights have become way too cliche for my taste. Almost every car produced these days has them (including my Ford PU at ~24" off the ground), but they are purely for "design" (usually bad) and practically worthless from a functional standpoint. They've become as bad as all the worthless wings and spoilers, and don't get me started on the latest fad - side grills/gills. SHEEP!

I was pleased to see the M division break the trend on the latest round of cars - foregoing the fog light "bling" in place of air ducts for brake cooling. Hey, that's something that's actually useful.
    I agree with you.

The only reason I use the fog lamps on all my BMWs, even when there is no fog (that's 100% of the time in Los Angeles) is in hoping that I will more "visible." I figure if there is any chance at all, even the slightest, that they might help, then what the heck.

Good point. Did the same with the bike.
    thegunguy

I know the company, I talked to them before I decided to go elsewhere. The website looks nice, however, the expertise around the Z8 didn't shine.
    Best regards, Dieter

Sport Button On - DSC Off jpklecker's Avatar
    I have nothing against fog lights but most people leave them on all the time and if you have headlights on, they serve no real purpose. Also most of the fog lights I encounter on a day to day basis are miss directed and actually blind on-coming traffic. I have fog lights on my 1987 535i and have only used them in rare situations. Anyone driving in fog knows they do absolutely nothing in the daytime, they only provide assistance at night. Also, the Z8 doesn't really need them since the headlights are cut off at the top, so no splash-over lighting above. The main purpose of fog lights is to cut reflected light into the driver's eyes--this was only prevalent in the older headlight systems that just sent out a round beam of light.

Wow, those are low profile tires. I would suspect they are very harsh on streets. I am guessing 20 inch wheels.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car