Thread: Looking for indoor car cover for Z8

Z8 Novice

Looking for indoor car cover for Z8

I am looking for a cover for my Z8 while it rests comfortably in our garage this winter. I live in British Columbia. If anyone ehas any info please pass it on.
    PS This forum is great

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I have a good friend who owns World Class Motoring in Southern California. He used to run California Car Cover Company, the largest supplier of car covers in the world. He is extremely knowledgeable about the different materials available depending on your wants and needs. My best friend just got a cover for his Z8 for indoor use and it fits like a glove and is beautiful. His name is Fred LoBianco and can be reached at 818 706 9999.

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar
    I have covers for my Z8 and ALFA made form a material called DUSTOP. It really lives up to its name. My other covers are NOAH - work great, but the dust filters through and collects in areas like the troughs inboard of the fenders on th eZ8.

Hi Allan,

BMW has an original Z8 cover (which I use) it has an 'cotton-ish' inside and a 'silky' outside. Works very nice and fit is very good.

Z8 Novice
    thanks for your quick responses

Sport Button On
    I have a California Car Cover for my Z8, which is always garaged. It fits well, and I'm satisfied with it.

Mike

Also see this thread....link
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On
    Gentlemen,
    On a side topic, I have been facing difficulties while trying to access autotrader site, any idea as to may be the problem!1.
    Tnx
    KG

Z8 Novice
    I've not had any difficulty accessing autotrader.us

Me too, try this link if you're going from an old bookmark.

I'm also happy to see the average price is still holding above the $100K mark!
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On
    For some reason the filters are impossible to access and most of the information appears in @#$%^&* format.
    I moved with my family overseas and had to sell my Z8 while in Montreal. I am looking to replace her and I hope to find the right color combo / mileage and price. Scanning various sites such as Dupont / ebay and auto trader, what I find surprising, is the number of Z8 owners that have not installed the performance kit and I am wondering if it?s due to the cost or lack of information?
    KG

It seems pretty odd that you can't read a webpage from where you are, but if you want me to look for a car for you on Autotrader send me your color choices and I'll just copy/paste the info on the dealers who have that combo available to you.

Regarding the PP I think almost certainly it is the lack of information, since we only have about 105 active participants on the site based on who has entered the 'What's my color' poll. I'd say most folks out in the open market have no idea about the frame issue. Over the last eighteen months I've randomly met a few original owners who've never looked for, or wished to be involved in an internet community, and all say that they had no idea of the issue. Nearly all of these guys bought their Z8 brand new, keep it in a collection of other beautiful cars, and only put a few miles a year on it.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On
    I had a 2002 stratus grey with beige and black interior and I upgraded her with the Alpina wheels. I would like to put my hands on the same color (red and black interior would be an awesome combination) or a topaz blue with a very low mileage, preferably a 2003. The PP is something that is required, since they have not heard of it in my present location.
    I am driving a 2006 750LI (individual series, top to bottom) with a color that is so difficult to describe, Blue/ black/ topaz depending on how the sun hits it.
    Tnx

Khalil,
    I am not sure where you are living now, but it may be worth your while, when you get you first get your car, to ship it to Dana Caldwell at Peter Pan BMW to get the car just the way you want it - with wheels, PP and any other after market parts that you find on this website. He and their master technician Matt Carver are part of what may be the best all around service dealership in North America.
    Ted

Sport Button On
    At the present time, I am located in the Middle East. I have heard a lot of positive feedback on Peter Pan, the only issue that I may have with your suggestion is that I may have to ship the car immediatly from the dealer that I will purchase the car from to avoid US sales tax. Nevertheless, I will give it a shot once I locate my next Z.
    KG

Which country Khalil ?

Sport Button On
    Lebanon for now, and I am considering alternative options, my wife does not know that yet :-)

Team Z8

I'm looking for the Stratus/Red too...

If anyone see that color for sale please let me know. Ron [email protected]

Stratus/Red is one of the very best combos, but with only 12 in the world, and all of them EU spec cars, it'll be both expensive and hard to find!
    Andrew Macpherson