Thread: Performance strut braces by BMW

Performance strut braces by BMW

I just saw this strut brace by BMW for 3 series. It looks like a copy of the one they created for Z8, except its apparently made out of carbon fiber.

Brochure reads, "A performance strut brace begins with enhancing structural elements. The overall goal is to offer increased rigidity, while adding an aesthetic value to the engine compartment."

They also seem to offer one made of aluminum. (Bottom small picture)

http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/D...ts_Catalog.pdf

Robert

Did I just hear one collective "OOOOOH I WANT THAT!"

If anyone is interested in any parts from the "BMW Performance Parts" catalog, don't hesitate to contact me. I have most items in stock already. The fitment at this time is mainly e46 3 series cars with a limited amount of items for the e90/e92 3 series. The program will be expanding in the future. The next big release will be for the 1 series.

The strut brace is very nice. All parts carry a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty and if the cross drilled rotors are installed on a car currently covered under the BMW Maintenance program, they will be covered if replacement is needed while the car is covered by that program.

I am happy to offer favorable pricing to the members of the Z8 board.

Thanks
    Dana Caldwell
    Service & parts Director
    Peter Pan BMW
    [email protected]

It makes sense that the BMW engineered a strut brace for their high-end sports car like Z8 and now making it available for their most popular line.

I wonder why they decided to go with carbon fiber for 3 series as opposed to steel brace for Z8. More stiffness for Z8 vs. M3 frame?

Dana, I am curious to know the list price for one.

Robert

Carbon Fiber:
    E46 3 series w/M54 engine - List $995.00
    E90,91,92,93 3 series (will not fit 335) - List 985.00

Aluminum:
    E46 3 series w/M54 engine - List $401.00
    E90,91,92,93 3 series (will not fit 335) List $300.00