Thread: 2003 Z8 (#61926) - Sold

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

2003 Z8 (#61926) - Sold

Car #61926 back up for sale. I listed this car a couple months ago for a friend of mine here in Los Angeles. He bought a new Mercedes CLK63 Black Series on Saturday, so he wants to sell the Z8 again. Here are the particulars. 2003 Z8, all black, just over 5,000 miles with everything the car came with except "The Book." Perfect all original condition. No paintwork ever. Performance package fitted as well as new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires. Absolutely pristine and ready to go. Price is $115,000 firm. Bentley Long Island has offered $110,000 for the car to send it back to Germany, so he is firm on his price. Fell free to call me at 818 986 0219 if you would like to talk more about the car.
    P.S. This is the very first U.S. model 2003 car.

It looks like we have a deal on the car that is supposed to complete on Thursday the 25th of October. I will post once it is gone.

Does that mean it won't be at the drive next Sunday?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

No reply as promised from the potential buyer today, so as far as we are concerned, the car is still for sale and will be at Sunday's event.

The buyer called late last night, so the deal may be back on but who knows until the money is in the bank. If it does go, my friend will bring the new CLK63 Black Series.

Martin,

I have a friend who informed me last night that if he could find a Black on Black Z8 with low miles, he would jump at it. He is located in Redding, CA.

The asking price of this one is in his price range -- Is it still for sale as my friend is serious?
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Thanks for the response. Currently, we have a deal pending on the car. My original buyer, who I thought may be backing out, contacted me late yesterday and said he did want the car. He faxed me a copy of the Cashier's Check today and said he will be coming down from Northern California Thursday afternoon to pick it up, so I think this is a done deal, but if anything should fall through, I will let you know immediately. FYI, it went for full asking price. Thanks, Marty

Watch the cashiers check. There have been alot of fake ones around. Err on the side of caution.

Thanks for the heads up. That is why I had him fax me a copy of the check two days ago. I called the bank to verify it is authentic. He flies into L.A. mid day today, so as soon as the deal completes, I will post that it is gone.

The car is officially sold. Paid for and delivered.

Check out Z8s on eBay. BMW of Fremont has relisted the car I sold them last week for $135,888. I hope they get it. It will bring up values on the rest of the cars. I really think this car is starting to really attract people who not only love the car but realize it is becoming a classic already.

Wow, that is an interesting turn up for the books, I'm sure that the US dealers are realizing that the mighty Euro is attracting a lot of overseas buyers. A good Z8 is worth around $160K over there at todays exchange rate, and maybe more in the UK.
    Andrew Macpherson

I also heard from a local dealer that "the Russians are coming". Specifically, cars over 3 years old can be imported into Russia without duty tax. He explained that a 2003 X5 is bringing close to a 2004 because of that phenomenon. I don't know where the Z8 sits on the Moscow Favorite Car List.

It's hard to believe that Moscow is listed as the most expensive city on the planet now. You would think that with the reduction in reporters present, there would be less demand for housing.

Z8 Madness
    At close to 139K for a used Z8, and among all the cars that I've tracked for the past 3 years, this one would be a record. We should keep a close eye on it.

Sadly, the demands seems to be for low millage vehicles. Just recently a 2002 with 18K sold for 89K on ebay.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Doing the wheels in black was such a terrible error of judgement, and if I was the selling dealer looking to get European or Russian buyers I'd get them re-chromed right away!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Z...spagenameZWDVW
    Andrew Macpherson

Thumbs up Just checked with Kelley Blue Book....

Interesting, I just decided to see what Kelley Blue Book would state for my Z8.

They stated that my 2003 Z8 @ 44k miles, excellent condition and stock condition (not including my list of upgrades) is worth = $91,035. IMHO, this is not too bad and once I add back at least 25% of the cost of all the modifications, my Z8 is holding it value better than I expected it to when I bought it. Very happy indeed!
    Last edited by Z8doc; November 8th 2007 at 00:26.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

You are very right when it comes to the wheels. I told my buddy he was making a big mistake when he did it and the dealer who bought the car should absolutely get them chromed again.

I have always felt that the the correct wheels can add to a cars beauty, but until I saw these wheels I never truly understood how much an incorrect set can take away from a cars beauty. Clearly having the wheels painted black makes the top ten list of the worst enhancements to a Z8 that once can make.