Thread: VIN #s and Production Dates

VIN #s and Production Dates

I've been doing some research with the (less than ideal) available tools and it appears that my car was the third to last U.S. built (built in January of 2003 according to the door sticker). I started researching this because my car waited for me at the Friemann delivery center in Munich until I picked it up in July of 2003 and the people there told me that it was the last Z8 delivered by several months.

The last two Z8s appear to be VIN#s AH62324 and AH62326 - both built in February of 2003. Of course, there are several Alpinas between my car and the two above; furthermore, AH62325 is an Alpina.

So, does anyone have any additional or contradictory info and are the owners of AH62324 and AH62326 on this board? If Z8s follow the pattern established by other recent low production BMWs, AH62326 (or whichever is last) is going to be worth quite a bit more than the rest.

That is a question for J?rgen....

but I checked our database, and those two VIN's aren't registered here. I am almost sure that with the VIN info J?rgen will be able to let us know what the color combo of those two were, and if they were indeed the last two US spec Z8's.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Robert Linton's Avatar
    My Alpina VIN is 62527.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    but I checked our database, and those two VIN's aren't registered here. I am almost sure that with the VIN info J?rgen will be able to let us know what the color combo of those two were, and if they were indeed the last two US spec Z8's.
    Good suggestion. I sent Juergen a PM. We'll see what he says.