Thread: Greetings from Carmel

Greetings from Carmel

Picked up the Z8 at AutoVino in Menlo Park yesterday and drove it down to Carmel where we are renting a home for the events. Peter Pan performed a thorough safety check up and service prior to our arrival, our friends at AutoVino gave it a nice detail job and loaded it with a variety of their outstanding wines. http://www.auto-vino.org/

At noon today our 1957 190 SL was trucked in from Texas by Plycar. We are showing it at The Quail on Friday after having refurbished the interior in a two weeks marathon featuring our Touranil vegetable tanned custom leather for classic cars.

Hope to see some of our Z8 friends before the week is over.

Christian

ZAchterbahn
    2001 Z8

What a beautiful pair they make! Wish I could be there to see and feel the new leather... And of course join in the festivities... Have a great time!

Talking

Hi Ian, we'll miss you! We are planning to stay here for a few weeks to escape the Texas heat. Maybe we can catch up later for a Bay Area Z8 gathering.

ZAchterbahn
    2001 Z8

Wow, that's an awesome interior! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, Ian, sorry not to see you this time.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

That car reminds me of the pale blue 190 my girlfriends father had when I was in high school. I taught her to drive a stick in that car. She lived in pebble beach and I went to high school there... We drove that thing all over, but not out of pebble beach, I don't think! Might of had a red interior?

I'll be down for a track day at Laguna seca on the 25th. Not sure what might happen up here before that. When you leaving Carmel?

Z8Mania
    Fantastic! Have a wonderful time!

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    I'll be down for a track day at Laguna seca on the 25th.
    We'll be at track on Saturday as well. See you there.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Ian, the plan is to make Carmel our home station through 9/12. Unless business requires us to jump up and leave - one never knows. We are planning on making drives from here, checking in on customers and taking in the sights.
    ZAchterbahn
    2001 Z8

Thanks Christian, I'll keep you posted. You may want to meet me on the 25th for a ride-along session at Laguna. I'll bring an extra helmet just in case!

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Hi Christian - both cars look beautiful, but what's up with those flowers in the 190 SL ? Sold mine at Amelia earlier this year to make room for something else .....
    Have fun this week and good luck at the Quail with your fine leathers !
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Looks like Edelweiss to me in which case it is very appropriate! Good job Christian!

Though I was wandering around taking pix, I also spent some time on the stand, and helped infuse the collector world with Aeristo's passion for their product, which was actually great fun because everyone I spoke to had an amazing project they were working on.

Here's a team pic of Christian, Ulli & Sean with the beautiful 190 in front of the stand.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Way to go Christian! Love the new brandmark with the steering wheel in it!

Looks like you are enjoying beautiful weather and having a great time. I should have made plans. Best of luck with the historic leathers. Should be a essential part of authentic restorations.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

Z8Mania
    Thats terrific! Very nice.

Beautiful restoration- I'm sure the line of historic leathers will be a big hit.
    Enjoy your time in the cooler weather! Texas is headed for triple digits again.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Beautiful, Sorry we can't be there but will look forward to the time we see it in person. Christian will you be in Austin for the F1 GP?