Thread: From REG Z8 01

From REG Z8 01

I still have my 2001 Silver/Black Z8 with 44,000 miles on it. Will never sell this baby. I am taking delivery today on a 2013 SL550. Shadow Grey Matte with Black Ash interior.

Two very different vehicles but both great. Anyone else own both a Z8 and SL550?

REG Z8 01

Quote Originally Posted by REG Z8 01 View Post
    I still have my 2001 Silver/Black Z8 with 44,000 miles on it. Will never sell this baby. I am taking delivery today on a 2013 SL550. Shadow Grey Matte with Black Ash interior.

Two very different vehicles but both great. Anyone else own both a Z8 and SL550?

REG Z8 01
    I don't have one (Haave 2011 911 4S), but I actually was side by side and ahead of one yesterday commuting to work and it is a striking design. Looks very great and quite aggressive. Much improved from the more industrial look of the ones from years past. Congratulations - I am sure that you will enjoy it and all the modern toys that come with a brand new car,
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

I'm still using an SL500 as my daily driver. It's supremely comfy and very solidly built. It is a lovely machine for everyday driving, and the cabin is much more luxurious that the Z8's. It excels at pottering around town, putting the top down and cruising to the beach and it's a magic carpet doing long freeway drives. The only place it doesn't shine is taking it on my favorite Z8 roads and letting the speeds build. It's luxury land yacht nature and weight start to show up, and it becomes rather cumbersome and dull at speed on the twisties. That said I absolutely love mine, and ask of it only what I know it does best, but when I want to have some fun, it's the Z8 all the way!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I agree. SL is a great car. Does it all well. Looks great. Congratulations!