Thread: Wanted, and found - an immaculate 2003 Z8

Talking Wanted, and found - an immaculate 2003 Z8

Must be a low milage one owner car complete with The Book etc.

Please contact me directly here, thanks..........Andrew
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Hey Andrew,

You should look over on mobile.de, there are 4 pages / nearly 40 Z8s ranging in price and several low milage ones, and think I remember seeing a topaz/crema low milage one. Euro spec but several are US spec that were imported across the pond. You may find another one to import if you are serious. I did not see any Stratus combos however.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I'll wait for a local car - it is too much of a headache bringing them back from the EU, and with the dollar so beat down you could buy two Z8's here for the same price!
    Andrew Macpherson

The wait is over, I've found what I was looking for, so I've unstuck this post. I settled on a Topaz/Crema 03 with under 2,000 miles that I have known since it's owner first bought it. Very many thanks to our new member CruZn for bringing this car to my attention.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    The wait is over, I've found what I was looking for, so I've unstuck this post. I settled on a Topaz/Crema 03 with under 2,000 miles that I have known since it's owner first bought it. Very many thanks to our new member CruZn for bringing this car to my attention.
    Will you now have two Z8's?

Yes, I've had two before, and now my Lotus is up for sale there is a Z8 sized slot in the garage. I'd decided last year that I wanted a second car, a mint low mile 03, as a long term keeper/investment car. I 'd originally been looking at getting a Stratus car as it's metallic paint holds light differently, so would give me different kind of picture to the flat paint colors I've photographed so much. I was also in negotiations to buy one of the four Midnight Blue metallic cars that were special ordered for BMW Canada, but the right car kept slipping thru my hands. Then yesterday a new board member, coincidentally also from Canada, told me about a car I've known of since it was ordered. The owner is a vintage racer and collector who I've known since I got my first Z8 back in '01, and photographed at the Monterey Historics racing Sterling Moss's old C Type (you can see it in this post). I know how incredibly well he looks after his machines, and Topaz/Crema was the other color that I'd take if the right one came up, so it was 'kismet'.
    Andrew Macpherson

Wow! Congrats. That is truly a stunning color combo....I've thought about it myself, And with such low miles, great find.

Congrats on the new addition Mac! Is this new one #4 and counting!!?

Love that Blue/Creme as well. Often thought about trading in for that one.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    congratulationZZZZZZZZ
    That's a gr8 comb
    Luigi
    2001 Z8 Black-Red

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Congrats Andrew and ENJOY!!!
    Love the color combo.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Congrats! Will we see BOTH of them at Monterey?
    Your new color combination will likely inspire a new series of photos and I look forward to seeing them.

The new car will indeed get loads of camera attention, but far less miles! I'm honestly planning on doing under a 100 miles a year in it, as I want the mileage to remain seriously low as befits a long term keeper car. The upside is that having a keeper will mean far more driving days for my silver car. It is so well set up and such a joy to drive that I may well lift my projected mileage in that one from under 2,000 to more like 4-5000 miles a year. I'm already thinking about our Meet in Montana, dreaming of taking the backbone of the Rockies from Denver are all the way north on a week long drive.

Anyhow, here in the meantime is a little set of images of the new family member, and my 4th Z8 to date!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Congratulations Andrew!!

That's really sweet - congratulations.

Congrats

Looks beautiful and will likely be one of the nicest Z8's on the planet in 20 years, as it is now.
    I guess you didn't take it up today ... or did you?

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Wow! What a beaut! I presume you will leave this one bone stock, or are a few "adjustments" planned?

This one will remain totally stock, with only a tire swap in it's future to get it off the run-flats. I'll get the car in two to three weeks when all the wires and transfers are settled.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness
    Congratulations. Stunning color combo and a fantastic machine!
    62050 - Z8

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Ditto that. A great find!

You kill me. We were just talking about this a few days ago, and now the deal's done?
    thegunguy

We spoke Friday night, this car came to my attention Saturday morning. The odd thing is that I've known both the owner and this car a long time, and twice in the last three weeks had actually had the phone in my hands, and been looking at Greg's number on my screen thinking that I should call him about it. Both times right before I dialed I had that second thought "Nah, he's never going to let that car go!" and moved on to doing something else. Here is a shot I did of my new car back in Aug of 03 when it was brand new at the now defunct Crystal Cove meet.
    Andrew Macpherson

andrew, hearty congrats to you. Aahhhh, patience, eh?
    Wow, at 100 miles per year you are talking some serious discipline!!

I love midnight blue, is that car still for sale?

No, none of them could be pried from their owners - and I tried!!!

I moved this over here when I was cleaning up the For Sale section today, as I'll post some more shots when the car arrives, which means it is now part of the general chat!
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off jpklecker's Avatar

Thumbs up

I agree, great find! As you can tell I am partial to the Topaz / Creme combination, my wife wanted either the Stratus or Red exteriors; I almost relented. Enjoy!
    John Klecker - 2002 Topaz / Crema (61782)

Congrats on the new car! It looks great, even if I am a tad biased.

I feel very happy to have joined an elite band of 138 cars in this lovely combo. The funny thing is when the original owner bought it I remember questioning his decision, but in the fullness of time I realize he made the perfect decision - they are all great colors, but there is a Riviera elegance to the Topaz/Crema that really reminds me of Riva speedboats and St Tropez.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Your late build date and ultra low miles may very well place you at the top of that elite band. I cannot wait to see more pics
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    By the way, you beat me by one; I have only had three Z8's, but never two at the same time. Lucky you!

Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Congratulation Andrew
    now I want to do the same thing
    Luigi
    2001 Z8 Black-Red

I just did some calculations on my new car, and figured this out. It was one of just 159 US Spec '03 Z8's made. Since all the US spec Alpina's were Silver or Black only, and Stratus was included in the color mix for 03, I could well have the one of the last Topaz cars off the line. Using the production run average of 1 car in 18 being Topaz there are maybe ten Topaz 03's out there. While not as rare as the four Midnight Metallic Canadian cars, or Havenhurstkid's 1 of 12 Stratus/Red's it is still a rare beast!
    Andrew Macpherson

Andrew, So which car are you bringing to Monterey?

The silver one of course! It will easily be 1,000 mile week with Napa added on, and that is what it has been so well set up for. It is by far the sweetest driving of all the Z8's I've tried to date when it comes to doing long days in the saddle. The change to the Alpina suspension, and the wider rims balanced by the Dinan swaybars make it a real long distance joy. It is also the only one of all my Z8's I've had from new, but despite that clocking up the miles is also part of the adventure and the joy of owning such an amazing machine, so 61888 will always be my #1 driving car.
    Andrew Macpherson

Congratulations, Andrew, great color combo.

And I still remember a moment in Como where you were talking about selling everything and get out of Z8s forever...

I told you so, you're an addict. No chance to escape ever.
    Best regards, Dieter

Como was a stunning event...

but the frame issue was in full swing, and not at all a pleasant moment in my life!

Happily that is all far behind us - how was Monaco? So sorry to have missed it!
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    but the frame issue was in full swing, and not at all a pleasant moment in my life!

Happily that is all far behind us - how was Monaco? So sorry to have missed it!
    Unfortunately, I couldn't go either. My mother got seriously ill, so we had to cancel the trip.
    Best regards, Dieter

So sorry to hear that, I hope she makes a fast and full recovery.
    Andrew Macpherson