View Poll Results: Performance Package results and experiences.

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • PP installed, no symptoms.

27 34.18%
  • PP installed, removed RF tires, no symptoms.

28 35.44%
  • PP installed, added Alpina suspension, removed RF tires, no symptoms

6 7.59%
  • PP installed, but still suffered some damage.

0 0%
  • PP not installed yet.

11 13.92%
  • PP not installed, but removed RF tires.

7 8.86%

Thread: 1 year since performance package

1 year since performance package

It has been about 1 year since the performance package has become available. I was curious if there is any information as to how many have been installed and if anyone that has had one installed has had any frame "issues" since the installation. Perhaps these would be good poll questions?

Perhaps these would be good poll questions?
    As requested - I think those five questions should cover it.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

DSC Off
    Dear Andrew, I think if you remove only the run flat tires you have no problem.
    Z8Ros

Dear Andrew, I think if you remove only the run flat tires you have no problem.
    Z8Ros
    The quality of the roads in Europe is so much better than here in the US that I think you could take that risk over there, but here in the vast open spaces of the American south west the elements work faster at destroying our road surfaces than the states can repair them. With the current financial strains our country is going through I expect the beautiful back roads that make driving here such an amazing experience, will continue to deteriorate faster than they are repaired. For that reason I feel the insurance of the PP is essential for US owners. The consequence of the damage simply isn't worth risking for the small amount you'll save by not installing the PP.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

DSC Off
    I agree. I did install the PP by myself. But it could be a question for the poll.
    Z8Ros
    The netherlands

Who, on this forum, has installed the PP themselves?

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    I just finished the install on my newest Z8.

Is it all that difficult to do? I have the some mechanical knowledge and all of the tools.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    It's a fairly complex project and unless you've had lots of experience with suspension disassembly/assembly and have the specialized tools required, I would leave it to a competent dealership. If you decide to try it yourself, along with a full set of metric wrenches and tools, you will need spring compressors, either an impact wrench or a specialized strut tool, skinny wrenches for the anti-roll bar links, ball joint pullers, a torque wrench, torx sockets, and a special tool to install the threaded inserts into the support frame. Positioning of the brace is critical and you only get one chance to get it right. If you have specific questions, I will try to help. By the way, installing the shock tower brace on a Z8 with Dinan S2 mods is tricky but doable. It does require modification of the brace to get it to fit.

on a Z8 with Dinan S2 mods is tricky but doable. It does require modification of the brace to get it to fit.
    Why mods? and what is so different?

Z8Mania
    Im wondering that myself. I am taking a guess here but maybe the S2 uses a different air box and that poses a problem for the extremely tight tolerance on the PP.

I installed myself with Dinan S2 package without modifications. It does brush up against the hood insulation, but that hasn't posed a problem and actually adds to rigidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Im wondering that myself. I am taking a guess here but maybe the S2 uses a different air box and that poses a problem for the extremely tight tolerance on the PP.
    That's right plus larger diameter intake hoses. I hit a frost heave 2 years ago that bent my front right rim and rattled the fillings out of my teeth but no damage (I am also running dinan caster plates which add a layer of steel to the shock towers)
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors