Thread: Oktoberfest 2018

Oktoberfest 2018

I was pleased to see Doug Dolan (and his Stratus Z8) in Pittsburgh! (of course, our cars were somewhat overshadowed by the THREE 507s!) On my way across the country, it dawned on me that I would reach a new milestone:

Congrats, Satch.
    You've done the Z8 proud. I don't know how many other drivers in North America have crossed into 6 digits. That's the way to do it, rather than save these cars for who knows what (with the crazy future before us). I will try to follow your lead, but I am sure it will be a timid effort, as I still cringe to expend "unnecessary" miles on mundane pavement.
    Keep going past 222,222 and don't stop.

Ted

Congrats, Satch. The good news is there are a ton of S62-powered E39 M5's running around with much higher mileage on the clock. Many in the 200k+ range, a few in the 300k+, so Nancy Drew should have a lot of life left in her.There used to be a thread on the forum about who has the highest mileage on their Z8. Anybody higher than Satch's 123,456? Bill

That's the thing about driving solo: You have plenty of time to think. Like, hmm, we're at 123,300-something; by the time we hit Pittsboig, we will have passed 123,456. Maybe I should stop and take a picture. But that means I have to get off I-70, because we're doing like 85 and I am not stopping on the Interstate; what a pain in the patootie! Besides, I got the shot at 100,000 (another pain). On the other hand, the next significant number would be 200,000 (or 234,567 if I miss that one), and who knows if I'll live that long? So I pulled off at the Pennsylvania Welcome Center hoping to buy a mapóyou know, those ancient folded parchments that we used in the Olden Timesóand sure enough, the had road maps (for free!), and a nice lady who could tell me which exit to take to get to the side road I had in mind. I finally stopped by a lovely cemetery to snap the photo, and now I know something about the Pennsylvania town of Eighty Fourólike the fact that there are conflicting accounts of where that name came from.

Nice numbers Satch. Don't forget that we are all waiting for you and Kelly to let us know if we are good for a Z8 reunion run 1st weekend of October.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bend View Post
    Congrats, Satch.
    You've done the Z8 proud. I don't know how many other drivers in North America have crossed into 6 digits. That's the way to do it, rather than save these cars for who knows what (with the crazy future before us). I will try to follow your lead, but I am sure it will be a timid effort, as I still cringe to expend "unnecessary" miles on mundane pavement.
    Keep going past 222,222 and don't stop.

Ted
    I am in the 100K plus club having crossed 104K today, but nowhere close to Satch who keeps pulling further and further away from me.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Hey, Skip, it's not a contestójust a joyful commitment! Drive, he said.

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    As always, a pleasure seeing you Satch (and Party A of course!)

Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

... you'll notice that I broke down and cleaned the wheels...

Sport Button On - DSC Off Doug Dolan's Avatar
    ...and here's the proof

Doug Dolan
    61297 - Stratus / Crema

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    ... you'll notice that I broke down and cleaned the wheels...
    With San Pellegrino, imported from Italy!
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com