Thread: New Year's Drive - Jan 13 - 2013

New Year's Drive - Jan 13 - 2013

What a stunning day, crystal clear, bone dry, but with temps dropping to 23?F it was also the very coldest Sunday Drive we've done.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Great group! Was it 23 at dawn, at the high ridge or at the beach? Did it warm up some? It's been cold up here, but not quite THAT cold... more like low 30s.

The temps here always vary by 20-30 on our morning drives, and the coldest area is always in the canyon to the north of the Malibu ridge. On the summit it was around 42, the 23 reading was when we dropped down Stunt to Mulholland and lasted about five miles through the Malibu Canyon State Park (where they filmed Mash). When we got over to the beach for our group shot it was in the mid fifties :-).
    Andrew Macpherson

Great shots of the drive! I'd like to read about Dennis' (aka porscheguy) reaction to his new ride.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

I got iPhoned my Michel!!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Dennis is thrilled with the Z8. I think we have a Z8 convert.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Looks like great fun was had by all!! Too bad I couldn't make it.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)

What a blast! I could not have had a finer introduction to this amazing car than your Sunday morning gathering. An enthusiastic group and some fun roads (the kind we don't get back in MA) and this fantastic car made for an unforgettable day.

Marty deserves a special thanks, as he found my car, got it around to his shops to get it dialed in, tutored me, and then introduced me to The CA contingent. The generous amount of time and attention he spent on my "project " was exceptional.

Thanks to everyone for making this car purchase my best ever!

Off to Scottsdale tomorrow. If anyone is headed that way, let me know!

Dennis

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Great to meet you and I am glad you were able to christen your beautiful Z8 on our first drive of 2013.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Ditto, have a great and safe drive!
    Andrew Macpherson

Porscheguy - how long will you be in Scottsdale? I won't be back til Friday, but if you're still around, we might be able to link up. Pandaman is also in town (sans Z8), but there anyway. PM me with a way to contact you if you think you'll have time in your schedule. - jawz

Z8 Happy
    Great to meet you Dennis, enjoy the ride!!
    AKA Mark from SoCal

2003 Alpina - Black/Black
    Original Owner

Quote Originally Posted by porscheguy View Post
    What a blast! I could not have had a finer introduction to this amazing car than your Sunday morning gathering. An enthusiastic group and some fun roads (the kind we don't get back in MA) and this fantastic car made for an unforgettable day.

Marty deserves a special thanks, as he found my car, got it around to his shops to get it dialed in, tutored me, and then introduced me to The CA contingent. The generous amount of time and attention he spent on my "project " was exceptional.

Thanks to everyone for making this car purchase my best ever!

Off to Scottsdale tomorrow. If anyone is headed that way, let me know!

Dennis
    Time to change your name to "Used2BPorscheguy"!

"That Hat"?!

OK, so here's the big question. Do I have to buy and wear a crazy, wildman hat, to join in? What'cha think Mac?
    Actually, I'll finally be installing my Perf Pkg this weekend and will then be more comfortable with longer drives. Still have to face the early morning trek up from N. San Diego County for the starting line.
    Stu
    StuM
    2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition coupe (sold)
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (sold)
    2011 6.2L Raptor
    2002 BMW Z8 (sold)
    1967 Corvette 427 roadster
    2013 Maser MC convt
    2014 BMW i8 (pending)

After an unforgettable 860 miles before putting the car on the trailer tonight,
    I have a new favorite for sure. I will still love and enjoy my Porsches, but this z8 is something special. May have to consider a new handle! Will post some trip pics next week.
    Dennis

Thanks great news Dennis, happy to hear the trip went well, you certainly got lucky with the weather!
    Andrew Macpherson

Thanks a lot Andrew for the pictures. This drive was really awsome and it was nice to have Dennis with us.
    Also, can you please help me with the pictures ? I cannot download them one by one : they all come attached by 6 or 7 in small sizes. Help ?
    Thank you.
    JC
    60737 - Silver / Red - Performance Package

Yes, they get uploaded in strips because thats the only way I can add so many to a post! If there's one you really want, screengrab it, email me and I'l send it over.
    Andrew Macpherson

Back in the deep freeze of New England, still glowing from my CA greeting, and happy that I didn't wave my hand too high at the Auctions. (Passed on the Batmobile - not a good Sunday AM driver). Watched the Ferrari 250 get sold for $7.5. Amazing. Great to meet Pandaman (thanks for the call!) and his crazy friends, and sorry I missed Jawz. Had a fun car swap with a friend and his 360, but happy to get back in mine. It's a magic carpet with the top down! It was a fantastic week of automobiles.

Car is on trailer, due back in MA this Friday. Some pics below, maybe. Not sure if they will open up.

Dennis

/Users/dennismcgurk/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2013/Jan 19, 2013/IMG_0256.jpg/Users/dennismcgurk/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2013/Jan 19, 2013/IMG_0264.jpg/Users/dennismcgurk/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2013/Jan 19, 2013/IMG_0262.jpg/Users/dennismcgurk/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2013/Jan 19, 2013/IMG_0249.jpg