Thread: Monterey '08 - part 4 - on to Napa

Talking Monterey '08 - part 4 - on to Napa

Monday: - 18th
    8.00am breakfast for those staying at the Marroitt.
    9.15am the bus departs from the Marriott
    Drive to and visit the Blackhawk Museum followed by local lunch for 40.
    The last 28 of us drive on to Meadowood in Napa.

------------------------------------------------

Tuesday: - 19th
    Breakfast, followed by a leisurly tour of a few selcect vinyards before lunch, and a lazy afternoon enjoying the spa facilities at the hotel.
    6pm Evening tasting at Halls Vinyard
    8pmDinner at Solage

Wednesday: - 20th
    Relax and enjoy Napa, with a farewell afternoon drive leaving at 3.00pm.

Thursday: - 21st
    Return to Peter Pan to drop off cars for transport, and fly home, or drive if local.

A long day in the saddle, but a stunning set of roads, and a quick look at the exquisite Blackhawk Museum.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

What, no pics of the 507?

Thumbs up Monterey '08 - Napa

After all the excitement of Car Week the team kicks back, catches a couple of vineyards and enjoys doing nothing much!

Here are some shots taken doing a run to the famous Coppola estate, now renamed Rubicon, where we had a wonderful tour and learnt a lot about the history of the valley, and then we went on to the Halls Vineyard's private tasting room on the east ridge for a sunset tour.

Andrew Macpherson

Last, but not least, our final farewell drive...

Wednesday was our last day together, it started out with an easy morning lounging at the luxurious Meadowood, with a delicious lunch and then heading out for our final drive, first to the west over the mountains to Santa Rosa, a busy town on the 101 and then back over to the east of Napa to the stunning Pope Valley. It is a road so good you can find it on YouTube, but not in my pictures here, as it was finally time to put the camera down and drive, and what a drive it turned out to be!

A similar set of six from this drive are also over in the Galley, but this was the one that really needed on-board video!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Is that the repair station Goober works at?
    You have to remember "The Andy Griffifth Show" or my joke won't make sense.

I am going to be at Wally's Filling Station in Mt. Airy (Mayberry),NC on Tuesday and Wednesday, along with Floyd's Barber Shop (yep, I am getting a haircut), the Snappy Lunch for a pork chop sandwich and the sheriff's office. We are also doing a Squad Car Tour.

The Andy Griffith Show is one of my all time favorites.

Then it's off to BMW Manufacturing-Spartanburg, SC of a few days of fun and Performance Center driving.

Wheeeee.......

Some more from a great day....

Christian and I headed out for a trip to buy some Napa Valley Olive Oil
    then my Z8 just suddenly had to pull over next to that Wine Train, yearning for
    the Days gone by.

Then some high speed touring keeping up with Ian and then a nice rest in Pope Valley before the final high speed road yet to come. Alas, no pictures of that as it definitely required both hands on the wheel!!

Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

A number of folks in my Z3 / Z4 group have video cameras that mount to their vehicles exterior and I have always thought that it would be a hassle to set up. My recent drive to Canada and trying to hold a pocket camera above the windshield to snap pics has convinced me that a video camera and mount is the way to go. From that, I can pull stills.

Time to place the order.

On the way back from Napa we stopped near Crater Lake in Oregon. Here's some pictures from the top. It's 1000 feet to the water from the rim.

For fast cruising, highway 97 from Weed into Oregon is great - Lisa had no idea we were cruising at 90 the whole way.

Wow!!!!!!!

Ok, that is now on my two days stay for pix list!
    Andrew Macpherson

We talked to someone at dinner that had been up there earlier that day - rain and fog, nothing to see! There is a road that goes all the way around the rim, but there really isn't too much to see beyond this.

The road we took out of the Crater Lake park to the north was 50 miles of fast turns through the trees, but once you've driven through one pine forest you've driven through them all!

Almost every non-freeway road we drove in Oregon was in better condition than every road we drove in California, and the traffic was extremely light. Finding some twisty roads in central Oregon may be worth a drive.

Sounds like a good plan to me!
    Andrew Macpherson