Thread: Florida Vintage Tour

Smile Florida Vintage Tour

You may know that Dirk deGruen will be leading the BMW Vintage & Classic CCA tour through Florida (but most likely not in his Z8; he has a drool-worthy 328). While I am not generally a big fan of tours, versus rallies, this will be Kelly's first outing in Buffy. (I will admit that I once owned a black car and gave it a name; that was the Blackbird.) I am not sure why the BMWV&CCCA allows Z-cars among its pre-war and post-war beauties, but it should be fun to drive the Alpine passes of the Geezer State.

Dirk has been posting of his adventures in the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Rally on Farcebook, I believe, and he will probably do the same thing with his Florida tour. (He's driving a Mercedes ponton in Asia.) I will be writing up the saga for Roundel, of course, and perhaps I can post here as well.

It seems that there are something like five Z8s on this adventure. Good heavens! By the time we reach the summit, we may outnumber the vintage survivors!

Looking forward to the coverage. Thanks.

Awesome, super excited to hear the tales of Buffy's first big adventure!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Interesting constellation of Z8 participants. Can't wait to see if Buffy will join the Tourismo Group or the Grand Tourismo outlaws. Actually I can see a Super Bad Dog division in the making. Jeff and I will prep our rides accordingly so we may try and keep up with the grand master. I feel a fresh breeze coming down on Florida, defoliating plantations like no hurricane ever has.
    ZAchterbahn
    2001 Z8

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    I am not sure why the BMWV&CCCA allows Z-cars among its pre-war and post-war beauties
    If we would be that rigid, we would never get to hang out with nice people like you and only run into each other at mega O'Fests
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    Dirk has been posting of his adventures in the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Rally on Farcebook, I believe, and he will probably do the same thing with his Florida tour. (He's driving a Mercedes ponton in Asia.) I will be writing up the saga for Roundel, of course, and perhaps I can post here as well.

Reports of our recent adventures in Southeast Asia can be found here

www.facebook.com/PtoP2013

Regarding the BMW VCCCA Florida Tour, I am going to let the picture taking and reporting to the real professionals as I will be busy keeping my car straight on the road and ducking my head while navigating to the summit of Sugerloaf Mountain
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Quote Originally Posted by DirkZ8 View Post
    and ducking my head while navigating to the summit of Sugerloaf Mountain
    Wait, there is a mountain in Florida????
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)

Sport Button On - DSC Off Doug Dolan's Avatar
    It's the highest point in Florida at a whopping 312 feet above sea level and 246 feet above the surrounding area, so it's a real biggie!
    Doug Dolan
    61297 - Stratus / Crema

Since I live 822 feet above sea level by that definition I live on a mountain...who knew!
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)