Thread: 8 Z8s Load out on 8/8/08 at 8:08

Thumbs up 8 Z8s Load out on 8/8/08 at 8:08

Classic BMW put on the ritz Valet parking, hats and shirts handouts, Kraftwerk's Autobahn on the PA sound system, and 8 owner's bios on display stands next to the 8 cars. The Mercury Grill wait staff kept us well stocked with beer, wine, sushi, mini tacos, dim sum, chokolate strawberrys and more.

But the real stars were the cars.

Routineer

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Great showroom shot.
    Have a great time !!!
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Fantastic, what a great way to start what should be the greatest Z8 adventure of all!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Just awesome!!! Can you guys upload some of the Monterey photos to a photo sharing site (flicker, photobucket, etc) so that we (those who can't make it to Monterey) can get some high-res pictures?

Thanks

Keep an eye on the board, I'll put up a daily round up of events, cars and much more. There will also be a ton of new Z8 images uploaded daily in the Gallery section, so keep checking that too. On Tuesday we'll start with a set of photos of a pair of very special cars.

This just in from Pandanman...

Classic BMW Plano, Texas put on one fantastic event 8/08/08 for the 8 Z8s being sent off via transport California at 8:08pm. It all started around 7pm and as you can see they had the 8 Z8s proudly displayed in a circle in there over the top showroom. Each vehicle had brief bio about its owner. If you notice through the windows you will see about seven or eight additional Z8s that showed up for the event. They were proudly displayed around the entrance to the dealership. Classic arranged for one of Dallas's finest restaurants to cater the event. Absolutely no shortage of some great eats and fine spirits. Classic BMW invited all the owners and there friends along with 60 or 80 (who can count) special customers that love vehicles as we do. I can go on and on about what Classic BMW managed to do but I'm sure my friend Paul Peck can do a better job at that. See you soon. Panda

Andrew Macpherson

It is worth noting too that at 16 cars this was the largest single gathering of Z8's ever seen on this side of the Atlantic!
    Andrew Macpherson

I am going to assume that the middle car visible thru the window of Pandaman's pic isn't really yellow and red, and it is just some strange color shift.

Looks like a great start to this event.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Eight Z8's on a showroom floor at one time must also be a record. Look forward to seeing all of you in Monterey!

Notice the slight cosmetic change on that beautiful black car from Paul's original photo to the one from Dennis. Rogaine won't cover your head that fast...

A HUGE thanks to MOLLYSHARK for allowing to me to use her car to transport my top to Classic, where my car has lived for the past few months!
    thegunguy

Ken's 08.08.08 pix....

More images from the Long Horn state send off.....

Andrew Macpherson

and one more set of pictures from Zelman Brounoff

His site and photo credit is brounoff.com.

Andrew Macpherson

Just in from Z8Doc

Packing the Z8 for the trip is a considerable challenge as we all know!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Doc's view of the 08.08.08 event...

What a great send off!

Andrew Macpherson

Wait...I called the top bunk!
    thegunguy

The Z8's safe and sound at Peter Pan...

Dana just sent in a set of pictures of all the cars arrived at Peter Pan, which I've posted in the Gallery here.

Thanks Dana!
    Andrew Macpherson

I hope mine did not fall off the truck, as I can only see 7 cars in the picture!

There are only 6 Texan cars in the pix, and one Canadian, my guess is that the second truck from Texas with the two cars not in these shots will get there today.
    Andrew Macpherson

The second truck, with I believe held ZAchterbahn's and Panda's cars, was in Dallas until late in the morning on Saturday with computer trouble. Hopefully it will be there before everyone arrives.
    thegunguy

Thumbs up Truck update...

Dana spoke with the driver of the other truck with the 2 remaining cars. He said he expects to be at Peter Pan between 11am-12noon today.
    Andrew Macpherson