General Information
    BMW Z8
    BMW
    Z8
    Silver

Comments: 12 / Views: 4263
    I so love that you have 'the plate', that really is cool😃👍
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Makes me laugh. No one ever realises so there's no point really. You need to be an "anorak", ie. a real boffin to know, so it's only the very few and Z8 owners that realise.

It it is quite amusing that my registration plate is displayed in BMW's museum on their display car.

:-)

Z8Mania
    Thats really fantastic. Great pictures! I love the scenery.

Thank you. It was a lovely journey. I recommend it! The pictures are just a bi product of some lovely days and a super help to a fading memory. Happy, happy times!

Z8Mania
    Happy times indeed.

A few more pics of the car in France.

And to prove that Z8's are used!!!!

Z8Mania
    Awesome and amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you running the run flat tires? One thing I would do is replace them with regular tires.

Awesome, I love the roads in France! Before I discovered California that was my nirvana, I'd usually take the overnight ferry to Cherburg, and run thru Normandy and Brittany to the Loire, and follow it south. The wine and food were always a delight all the way to Bordeaux. Then the driving got really good, between the Gorge De Tarn and the Gorge De Verdun are hundreds of miles of heavenly tarmac, the the Route Napoleon home. It was usually a three week circuit filled with fine dining and fast driving, ahhh, memories! 😃👍🏁😜
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Awesome and amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you running the run flat tires? One thing I would do is replace them with regular tires.

No, standard tyres. I read about the issues here and changed them and had a brace fitted as well.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Awesome, I love the roads in France! Before I discovered California that was my nirvana, I'd usually take the overnight ferry to Cherburg, and run thru Normandy and Brittany to the Loire, and follow it south. The wine and food were always a delight all the way to Bordeaux. Then the driving got really good, between the Gorge De Tarn and the Gorge De Verdun are hundreds of miles of heavenly tarmac, the the Route Napoleon home. It was usually a three week circuit filled with fine dining and fast driving, ahhh, memories! 
    we should a fort nights car swop. You can borrow mine and drive France and I'll drive California with yours!

I've always wanted to buy a car in California and drive it around for a while and then drive across the states back to New York and fly it home. It would be a great trip!

Maybe one day!

Hah, I flew into LA from London for the first motorcycle Grand Prix at Laguna Seca in 1988, rented a 328i convertible, drove up the coast to Carmel, then over to Yosemite, and back down the Sierras. That was all it took, I moved to LA in '89, and sold my house in Notting Hill in '93, which in hindsight may have been a mistake as its worth ten times what I sold it for today, and my house in LA has only doubled in value.:roll eyes:

That said I absolutely love California, it's such an amazing place to live and drive, and it's also the biggest ex-pat English community in the world.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Hah, I flew into LA from London for the first motorcycle Grand Prix at Laguna Seca in 1988, rented a 328i convertible, drove up the coast to Carmel, then over to Yosemite, and back down the Sierras. That was all it took, I moved to LA in '89, and sold my house in Notting Hill in '93, which in hindsight may have been a mistake as its worth ten times what I sold it for today, and my house in LA has only doubled in value.:roll eyes:

That said I absolutely love California, it's such an amazing place to live and drive, and it's also the biggest ex-pat English community in the world.
    I nearly did the same with Australia in 1989. I flew home Aus intending to go back, but a family bereavement mean't that my plans changed within a couple of months. No regrets, but the world with sunshine on your back is a totally different one.

Jealousy isn't a great emotion!!!