Thread: Soft Top headliner and rear window

Z8 Novice

Soft Top headliner and rear window

I just bought my 2nd Z8. A red one. Top needs a new headliner and rear plastic window.

anyone have any luck with the following from EBAY on a new top and or new plastic window?

any other direction for replacement? I am told BMW wants 1800 for the plastic window and 2300 for the headliner alone...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z8-Cabr...-0PX:rk:3:pf:1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z8-Conv...S!-1:rk:2:pf:1

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    I bought the rear window based on another forum member's recommendation. Looks good, but no BMW identifiers anywhere.

I have yet to install it. Mostly because I am not sure to to have do it in my area.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8 Novice
    here is the other place I looked up. anyone have any luck with a full top from any of these guys?

http://www.ck-cabrio.com/shop-conver...-z8-2000-2003/

Quote Originally Posted by rajn72 View Post
    here is the other place I looked up. anyone have any luck with a full top from any of these guys? http://www.ck-cabrio.com/shop-conver...-z8-2000-2003/
    I purchased a top complete with window from the Cabriowebshop about a year ago, but without the headliner. I believe they are an OEM supplier of these tops to BMW, the window has the BMW logo and part number. Fit and finish were great. I think you can buy it somewhat cheaper on EBAY than what they show on their website. Hope this helps.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Cabriowebshop buys the top from the original BMW supplier. I heard another positive review from another owner last month
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    I purchased a top complete with window from the Cabriowebshop about a year ago, but without the headliner. I believe they are an OEM supplier of these tops to BMW, the window has the BMW logo and part number. Fit and finish were great. I think you can buy it somewhat cheaper on EBAY than what they show on their website. Hope this helps.
    Great information! Dis you use the old headliner and how difficult was that to remove/attach? Also, where were you able to get the installation done and if you can share at what cost?
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

I used a local auto upholstery/top place in northern NJ that has a very good reputation, there were several high end cars in the shop at the same time. The owner did tell me that the installation turned out to be one of the more difficult ones he has undertaken, but I am very pleased with the end result. I believe the charge for installation was $1400.00 (he held to his quote despite the difficulties), and I think I paid around $2,000.00 for the top/window from Cabriolet shop (I am away so cannot confirm the exact amount, but fairly confident of the price +/- $200.00). He did re-use the old headliner, and did not specifically mention this as a problem. Frankly, I didn't think to buy a replacement liner, I might have done so if I had thought of it, as it is not as taut as I imagine a new one might be.

Reading the cabriowebshop information page, it looks like the have improved the rear window and eliminated the string system.

Nice.
    2000 Red over black

Z8 Novice
    Just ordered the cabrio soft top with headliner and window... comes as one package. They will ship it to me in a few weeks and I'll get lonestar Bavarian in ft. Worth to install it... will let you know how it goes... the top has come highly reccomended...

Is the package $3240?

They are in Germany, correct? I ask cause they have several pics of California on the website.

Looking forward to your report.
    2000 Red over black

I ordered from cabriowebshop as well. I received the top with the wimdow BMW logo stamped on it. Well packed and no problem. Those guys in Netherlands were really helpful.
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    I used an aftermarket top from GAHH. It has held up with no issues and is high quality.

Z8 Novice
    2000 euro and I opted no BMW logo... will let you know how it looks and installs...

Looking for wheels now... all for my new red car...