Thread: side vent vibration and noise?

side vent vibration and noise?

Hello, this is my first post since buying my Z8 last week. I have found this board very helpful and informative -thanks to you all!

I apologize if this subject has been covered prior but my searches only turned up a few references. Here is the issue: When I start up the car and it is at idle, I hear this raspy rattle. I think it is coming from the side vents which are surprisingly flimsy for such a solid feeling and built car. Does anyone else have this issue? Does this source of the rattle sound plausible or is it an ominous indicator of something more serious? The car only has 6800 miles on it and has been very taken care of.

Thanks in advance!

Quite normal....

I've had 3 Z8's, and two of them have had that rattle from the side vents. I don't know if there is a fix for it, because I never did find which part rattled, but I think it is the clear plastic indicator strip that is rattling on the black plastic vent vane moulding, but it could be the chrome surround too.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Team Z8

Same noise from mine.

Even had one of the side vents replaced because the chrome was peeling...rattle was back within a few days.