Thread: Rear Window De-Lam...

Unhappy Rear Window De-Lam...

Well, the hard top trolley finally showed up this aft so we promptly removed it. I partially closed the soft top just to let it warm up and loosen. As I closed the top my wife said a towel had been wedged behind the window.

This was probably well-ment by the seller to protect the rear window while the car was in transit, but I suspect it is the cause of the delamination shown below (the top was mint when it left CA), what with the extra squeeze in there...

So...please refresh my memory. Do I take this to a top/interior shop and get it re-glued with something substantial?

Also - is this something that can wait until the Fall or should I get on it promptly (especially since I intend to top-down it all Summer)?

Oh - and while the window is in this condition, what should I do...keep the top up or down?

Thanks all.
    Z8E

Generally I keep the top up, but not full stretched out when the car is in the garage. I also have the same fabric delamination, it is ugly but not severe or a real worry, just do it when it is convenient - there is a thread on it here.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks Andrew, saw that thread. I'll handle it after the summer. Shame...the top was perfect a month ago.