Thread: First Aid Kit?

rgibson

First Aid Kit?

Hello,

I am the new owner of a 2001 silver/red Z8 (AH60629). The car is missing a few of the accessories and I have successfully tracked down everything except the First Aid kit that came with the car. The dealership provided the P/N 82 26 2 210 667, but the online pictures don't seem to match the pictures I have seen of the Z8 kit.

I have attached the online picture for this part #. Can anyone post a picture of the actual Z8 kit, or better yet a part number?

BTW: This forum has been a great resource for a first time Z8 owner!

PS: I am ordering a new catch pin for the right side rear compartment lid (p/n 51 47 7 019 046). They only come in packs of 10 so if anyone needs a replacement catch let me know!

Thanks,

Rory.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Hi Rory,

Congratulations with your Z8! The picture shown is a kind of general picture of the first aid kit. Here is a picture of what originally came with the Z8 (down on the right)

Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Congratulations Rory on your new ride! It will probably be difficult to find a new first aid kit that matches the one shown by Ton. Having said that, I would try eBay, Craigslist and even salvage yards to find a period correct first aid kit from BMW.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

There are several currently listed on EBAY, but the one listed as ebay item # 370863482008 looks to be essentially identical to the one that came with my car, which was produced in early 2001 in the same time frame as yours. Hope this helps.

Bill

rgibson
    Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    There are several currently listed on EBAY, but the one listed as ebay item # 370863482008 looks to be essentially identical to the one that came with my car, which was produced in early 2001 in the same time frame as yours. Hope this helps.

Bill
    Thanks Bill, this gave me a part number which I found listed online for $20. I'll order one and see what I get!

Thanks again,

Rory.

If you troll RealOEM.com for the Z8, you will come across the elongated kit, P/N 82 26 2 210 667. I think that I may buy one of these because it includes a triangle; I will also probably buy the smaller first-aid-only kit, because what the hell.

You may also run across a jacking kit, which seems to include yet another triangle, several hand tools, and such... but no jack. Curiouser and curiouser.

The world of Z8'ing is indeed stage, and they say the Germans are logical - only in their dreams! ;-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

rgibson
    In case anyone is interested, here are some pictures of the First Aid kit (part #82-11-1-469-062) that I just received.

Looks to be similar to the pictures of the original kit that came with the cars. It was only $20 from Husker auto parts.

Rory.