Thread: Car Detailer

Sport Button On - DSC Off Old Baillie's Avatar

Car Detailer

Can anyone recommend a good car detailer in Los Angeles, who will come to the Sherman Oaks area?

You have the very best one I know right on your door step, call Randy Schultz at Elite Motorcar Polishing on 818-881-8410, he is at 6924 Canby Ave, Suite 110, Reseeda. 91335.

I was introduced to him by Marty and am so impressed by the work he does that he is the only place I take my cars now. He uses a special polish that is from the aviation world, the shine is incredible, and it lasts months.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks Andrew

Let's hope he actually calls you back. I left several messages with his shop, and I never received a return call.

Luckily, Dana turned me on to someone local of supposedly similar quality. I'll post my results for other interested owners in the SFO area.
    thegunguy

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    That really surprises me that he did not call you back. He is not a flake and I told him he may be getting a call from our "Northern California" group members. I will follow up with him tomorrow.

That's OK w/me, I have a guy up here that used to maintain all the cars at the Black Hawk museum. He knows how to get the job done right. Once he and his assistant spent all day on my car (about 14 man hours). It turned out great....can't remember how much. We also have a new, state of the art, BMW Cert. collision center that does fabulous work.

I'm going to try Auto Detailing Services, http://www.autodetailingservices.net/, in Studio City, unless someone recommends I don't. They are about the same cost as Elite and they'll come to the house which is more convenient for me. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Alpina, Silver/Black

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Please, do yourself a big favor and take your car to Randy. He is the best and I wouldn't chance it, especially with a Z8! If they don't know exactly what they are doing, they can do irreversible damage to the paint. Randy will pick up, but you probably don't want anyone else to drive your car, which is understandable. If you wait, he can get the car done in a couple of hours.

I trust Andrews' and your opinion highly, but convenience is definitely a factor for me, and to have to drive the car to Reseda every few months is a commitment that's hard to keep. I've made some calls on this other company and they seem pretty good, and I'll do some additional checking tomorrow, but if they turn out to be truly professional then this situation will work better for me. I appreciate your concern.
    Alpina, Silver/Black

Let me ask a question, perhaps rather a naive one since I've never owned a car like this before. If as Andrew says that Elite gives the car "a liquid shine that is good for about a year", what do you do in between each visit to keep the car clean throughout the year?
    Alpina, Silver/Black

I use both Mothers & McGuires spray on liquid detailing stuff that works really well. Between it's yearly trip to Marty I do it all myself, but since I only use the car occasionally doing isn't too much of a time sink. Marty is also right beside a very good smog center run by real car nuts, so I make it a combined trip.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Okay. So you instilled enough fear in me and, despite the intermittent rain showers, I took the car to Randy Schultz at Elite, and yes he did a beautiful job. Thank you.
    Alpina, Silver/Black

Z8 Novice
    Can anyone recommend a detailer in the SFO area?
    Thanks

What level of detailer are you looking for? Weekend or Pebble worthy?
    thegunguy

Yes, we have both. Our local guy who does a really nice job for stupid fair money, and a guy who used to do all the cars for the Blackhawk museum (stupid expensive)

Z8 Novice
    Week end- going to McCalls and the Quail coming up soon.

Where are you in the Bay area? My good, local/casual guy is in Danville, but will travel to you if not too far.

Z8 Novice
    I am in Los Altos Hills- will he drive over? Would appreciate his contact information.
    Thanks,

Tasneem
    2001 Z8 Black/Black-original owner

He might. But that would add a fair bit to the price, being about an hour each way. But as I said he is a good deal to start with. I'm on the Oregon tour for the next week, but can check with him when I get back. Please pm me your contact info