Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thread: Z8 EU & US versus TOTAL PRODUCTION by color? (and year?)

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Fatih, thank you very much for making this information accessible!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-acht View Post
    Fatih, thank you very much for making this information accessible!
    Very nice to be in this community.
    zed8 made in this inventory work was very supportive to me. Great people, good friends.

Welcome indeed, Fatih! Thanks for your help in providing all of this information. I presume the very handsome black Z8 is yours? How many Z8's reside in Turkey?

Bill

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Welcome indeed, Fatih! Thanks for your help in providing all of this information. I presume the very handsome black Z8 is yours? How many Z8's reside in Turkey?

Bill
    Thanks unfortunately not my black Z8. I think this car is now in UK.

I share the Turkey Z8 inventory.

Regards

Fatih

Sport Button On
    Welcome, Fatih!! Many thanks to both of you for all the data.

Fatih, Hattat,

Does any of you know the owner of the Individual? (AF79973)
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
    Welcome, Fatih!! Many thanks to both of you for all the data.
    Thank you We will share more details about E52 chassis with @zed8.

Z8 Novice
    Fatih, Hattat,

Does any of you know the owner of the Individual? (AF79973)
    Yes Mr. Ali VAHABZADEH, BMW AG Turkey Dealer Borusan Oto, Board Member / Executive Vice President.

Fatih, if you ever meet him, tell him that I have the Coffee table book of the Z8 individual. It is as rare as the car and it is all in leather (box and book). Maybe he does not have this book. I have it now for 3 years and I tried to unite the book with an individual car but to no avail.
    Ton

Fatih, if you ever meet him, tell him that I have the Coffee table book of the Z8 individual. It is as rare as the car and it is all in leather (box and book). Maybe he does not have this book. I have it now for 3 years and I tried to unite the book with an individual car but to no avail.
    Ton, this "book" is no different than the books sent with the cars right? Then it should have a vin plate for another car or are we talking about a completely different book?
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Hattat, the contents of the book is the same. The case and book cover are 100% in leather:

http://www.bmwz8.us/forum/showthread...ll=1#post36832

The VIN plate is of another individual car. I tried to trace the owner of the car with the help of BMW AG and the BMW dealer who ordered and delivered the car but after that first owner the car "vanished". I also tried BMW Spain and Ukraine ( where 2 cars are registered) but they were not very active.
    Ton

I am sure Fatih will contact and tell him about the book. Its kind a must for a car like this.
    Hattat

PP installed
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Quote Originally Posted by zed8 View Post
    I am sure Fatih will contact and tell him about the book. Its kind a must for a car like this.
    I hope so because the book needs to be united with an individual car......although I love to have the book in my collection :-)

Ton

Z8 Novice
    Z8 Option code schema, Options data was pulled from each E52 Chassis build sheet. From 5703 build sheets, the data was analyzed either by country option codes or by specific Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) per country.

Total option number 58. Example detailing model, continuing to work.

Can you also extract information like: 49 sold to UK, 41 to France etc. That would give interesting information to what countries the AF cars were sold.
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    @Z-acht
    In this study option code and data it has been prepared on the basis of ASAP.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Great information again: I miss 751 cars I presume these were delivered to the smaller countries like Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and Holland. I do know that Holland got 71 cars but I do not know if these were German versions with Dutch on-board documentation or a Dutch version.
    This is not clear to me: there are 3 country/language related categories e.g german version with english language and french on-board documentation. I don't get it :-)
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    Great information again: I miss 751 cars I presume these were delivered to the smaller countries like Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and Holland. I do know that Holland got 71 cars but I do not know if these were German versions with Dutch on-board documentation or a Dutch version.
    This is not clear to me: there are 3 country/language related categories e.g german version with english language and french on-board documentation. I don't get it :-)
    More info here

Also;
    S868A-Language version, Dutch
    S886A Operating instructions, Dutch

These options are not available Z8.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Sport Button On
    Is it possible to relate the Alpina VIN to the BMW VIN?
    Best regards from Dortmund

Karsten
    Alpina Z8 #550/555
    AH61420

S868A-Language version, Dutch
    S886A Operating instructions, Dutch
    These options are not available Z8.
    Another piece of the puzzle :-) But I have an original Dutch car with Dutch onboard documentation :-)

"886
    Dutch / On-board Documentation"

Ton

Z8 Novice
    Another piece of the puzzle :-) But I have an original Dutch car with Dutch onboard documentation :-)

"886
    Dutch / On-board Documentation"

It was an error in the database, sorry. Total DUTCH / ON-BOARD DOCUMENTATION 142 E52 production.

Total DUTCH / ON-BOARD DOCUMENTATION 142 E52 production.
    I heard from BMW NL that 71 cars were delivered in Holland. So this must be the sum of 2 items per car: car manual and MIR manual.

Thanks Fatih
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    I heard from BMW NL that 71 cars were delivered in Holland. So this must be the sum of 2 items per car: car manual and MIR manual.

Thanks Fatih
    1st Dutch option code Z8

Different options

Hi Fatih, my language version is German/English but it is not shown ( like the AF77161) in the VIN decoder. The second one is intriguing: it is an export car so my first thought is that is was sent to a customer in the Caribbean( we have still "some property" over there) but than it would have had another dealer directory.
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    Hello everyone;
    Does it have any information about this car, photography, service records, etc.

Z8 Novice
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but this thread helped me a lot with my research - https://www.carsaddiction.com/en/colors/bmw/Z8. I'm currently not a BMW Z8 owner, but hopefully would trade in my BMW Z3 and have the financial ability to own one some day.

The information in my research contains 67 Individual colored Z8s, is there any wy to get what the actual colors of those cars are?

The information in my research contains 67 Individual colored Z8s, is there any wy to get what the actual colors of those cars are?
    The special colors are only mentioned as "Sonderlackierung" .....even on the VIN plates (https://www.bmwz8.us/forum/attachmen...achmentid=8472)
    BTW very nice website ! I think you should check the numbers because they differ from the "official" numbers. E.g. My jet-black/red black interior were produced 342 times worldwide and your database mentions 354 times
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    Thanks for the compliment. According to Zed8 data the information on my site is correct, with the Jet Black, red/black interior combo there was 161 EU specced and 191 US specced BMW Z8s totalling to 352 cars. Also note, unless you use the filter "Model" the total will include Alpina Z8s.
    The special colors are only mentioned as "Sonderlackierung" .....even on the VIN plates (https://www.bmwz8.us/forum/attachmen...achmentid=8472)BTW very nice website ! I think you should check the numbers because they differ from the "official" numbers. E.g. My jet-black/red black interior were produced 342 times worldwide and your database mentions 354 times

Sport Button On
    What we know so far is the fact that we have two different databases, one from the Z8 Club and one from Zed8.
    I spoke to the club and they got the database directly from BMW. Zed8 got the database from the ASAP. I spoke to BMW but they are not in the mood to have a look at the differences in their records, so no way to find out, what is the right database. Same to Alpina, they did not want to have a look in their database because of the missing manpower to do it.
    So far we will have two databases which differ slightly.

Karsten
    Alpina Z8 #550/555
    AH61420

Interesting Karsten, I did know there were 2 sources but I did not know that they differ 546 cars. That is a 10% difference!

ASAP - the portal of the BMW Group parts business. Here you have access to various applications like the WebEPC.
    If you are interested contact your local dealer or the BMW organisation in your local market. There you will get an acount.
    Can we get an account as Z8 club? I don't mind figuring out were the differences are :-)
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z803 View Post
    What we know so far is the fact that we have two different databases, one from the Z8 Club and one from Zed8.I spoke to the club and they got the database directly from BMW. Zed8 got the database from the ASAP. I spoke to BMW but they are not in the mood to have a look at the differences in their records, so no way to find out, what is the right database. Same to Alpina, they did not want to have a look in their database because of the missing manpower to do it. So far we will have two databases which differ slightly.
    I'll stick with the data from the ASAP, I had covered various BMW models and the information from BMW at time seems questionable depending the representative you ask and their effort.

The total figure of 6348 E52's made on Ryan's site seems to differ from what we've always believe is the correct number of cars produced?

Ton, it would awesome if you wouldn't mind doing a little investigation, in all the time I've been around the Z8 we've never been able to get a gospel set of numbers.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

6248-5703=545. This is close to Alpina cars. Maybe the site adds Alpinas on the top of total production number???

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I will investigate the two sources. Especially I will talk to Fatih @giftschrank . He is the BMW archive guy here in Istanbul.
    Hattat

PP installed
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Sport Button On
    Hi Ton,I will be BMW Dortmund and ask for ASAP. Alpina will not help us, I tried it some more times, it is not in their computers and therefore they have to go in the archive to look for it, but they are not willing doing that.As far as I know, the overall production number of 5703 is true but there is a discrapancy of individual cars as mentioned above.

Karsten
    Alpina Z8 #550/555
    AH61420

Here comes the breakdown from Asap

Hattat

PP installed
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Thanks Karsten! It will be also very convenient for the Club to answer questions about individual cars.
    Ton

Sport Button On
    Hello Hattat, thanks for the numbers again, I posted them to BMW Munich to Mr. Vierlein, bad we sad, that there is no way to proof which numbers are right execept of having a manual look at the records. BMW has not the manpower to do it, so we do not know which numbers are right. The overall number of 5703 is ok but the number of individual car differ. Mr. Vierlein mentioned, that the ASAP may be false as well, I do not know what or whom to believe.

Karsten
    Alpina Z8 #550/555
    AH61420

It's amazing that it remains such a murky mystery!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Well, Andrew, as you know, the Germans are notorious for sloppy, inaccurate record-keeping...

Sport Button On
    At least we know how many 507s were produced (254) with two early ones being prototypes.

Rick

Z8 Novice
    Apologies for the delay. You were right the site was adding the Alpinas on top of the original 5703 production. I now fixed the problem and included an additional filter by year.

https://www.carsaddiction.com/en/colors/bmw/Z8

Note: I realize the transmission is a redundant filter but it's part of the system.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2