Thread: Z8 stratus grey

DSC Off

Z8 stratus grey

https://www.legendarymotorcar.com/in...w-z8-2026.aspx Nice car low mileage low price.....put you do have to pay a tariff if you bring it back to the USA. Ask for them to post a picture of the speedometer to see if it has miles as well as kilometers. 2 owners. and was a long time owner. Cleon carfax.

penrod,
    I called the day it posted and told them I would wire transfer the money. They had a fellow put a deposit down before me apparently and was waiting for financing. I called yesterday and the car is sold to this guy in Cincinnati apparently. Was told if it falls through for some reason they will call me. Doubtful...

Z8 Novice

Stratus Z8

Hi Gang! EAG purchased this Stratus 2-owner Z8 from Peter and the crew at LMC. Great company for those that haven't done business with them or watched their TV program. Peter is the biggest car guy out there and we've really enjoyed getting to know him. We have been keeping an eye out for the right Z8 for quite a few of our clients. In a few weeks' time this Z8 will be a EAG Rejuvenation Program 2019 Graduate and head to NC to join a 3Kmi Z3MR and 12Kmi Z4MC that we've sold this Enthusiast. To say he's excited is an understatement. He's hoping to fly up to Toronto to take the second owner to lunch and hear his story and experience with this Z8 and ensure he carries the ownership torch bright and proud for many years to come. I wouldn't be surprised if he posts up a really great story about how he first learned of the Z8 during the launch days as an adolescent and I'll let him fill in the rest of the storyline as I wouldn't do the story justice, really cool to see and be a part of it with his family.Another great car headed to a great home!

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    Seems like a low ask for a low-mile car in that color.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Wonderful news, please point him to the site too so he can share the joy!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice

Buyer of Status Z8

Hi Gang,

First off, my apologies for being late to reply to this thread. I am the buyer of this Stratus Z8 via the good folks at Enthusiast Auto Group.

Speaking of which, I want to take a moment and sing EAG's praises. This will be my third car that I've purchase through them. I cannot begin to tell you how great they are to work with and how well they represent the brand. Because they are an encyclopedia of information for the BMW M cars, coupled with their honesty and attention to detail, I pulled the trigger on this Z8 very quickly. Soon the car will be headed down to EAG's shop in Cincinnati, where it will undergo their rejuvenation program to correct any slight imperfections and perform needed maintenance.

Now, here's a little story about my connection to the Z8. It has been 19 years in the making....

It was 1999 and I was starting my Freshmen year in college at the University of Florida. I vividly remember learning what eBay was all about and quickly discovered that I could find all sorts of cool car memorabilia that was issued by the auto manufacturers for use in dealerships. You may recall that BMW spent tons of money on marketing paraphernalia in the late 90s/early 2000s and dealership employees would try and make a few bucks by selling extra copies via eBay. I began snatching up rare dealer posters of my favorite cars, and even found factory issued posters of the print ads that BMW had run in magazines and on billboards.

My college town (Gainesville) had a very small BMW dealer on the north end of the city. It was locally owned and housed in an old building that could fit 2-3 cars in the "showroom" and it had a small service shop with maybe 5 bays. I had commandeered my Dad's BMWs and wound up servicing them back at our little Gainesville dealership, where I quickly became friends with the staff. One day in early 2000, they gave me an invitation to a private wine & hors d'oeuvre event where they planned to showcase their first Z8 that the dealership had been allocated. On a cold Friday night in early February (cold for North FL standards), I went to this event and was by far the youngest person there. The car was silver on red and I immediately fell in love with it. I knew that one day I had to have one, so I went home that night and began buying up BMW issued Z8 posters on eBay to stash them away for that future day.

....fast forward 19 years and here I am. At the beginning of this year, I pulled out all of my old poster tubs with USPS stamps dated from my college years. I shipped them off to a poster conservation shop in Connecticut where they were linen mounted for future preservation, after which I had them all professionally framed and hung in my garage.

In the garage there is my 01 M Roadster, 07 M Coupe, and an 06 M3, amongst some other cars from the era. The only thing missing is a Z8, but not for much longer. :-)

Congratulations on the acquisition of your Z8. I am sure you are going to love it, especially as it will have been given the full EAG treatment. Nice collection of BMWs you have going, might I suggest perhaps the addition of an E39 M5 as a great complement to the Z8. And lastly, welcome to the forum, you will find it to be a priceless resource for the care and feeding of your apparent BMW addiction!

Z8 Novice
    E39 M5 is definitely on the list to round out the collection. Absolutely one of my favorites!

Congratulations Stratus Z8 on your find in my favorite color. Enjoy!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Congratulations! What a beautiful car - love Stratus!
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Congratulations and welcome to the [email protected]
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.