Thread: Tire Pressure

Z8 Novice

Tire Pressure

What are you guys running as far as tire pressure,street use only.

On the 18" rim I'd use the what it says in the door sticker, when I went up to the 20" rims with the MPS tires I was usually running around f34 / r36
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

DSC Off
    Probably a dumb question, but the tire pressure on the door assumes run-flats. Should pressure be any different when those run-flats have been ditched for non run-flats (same size, but Bridgestone Potenza Sport)?
    1957 BMW 507 Papyrus/Blue
    2001 BMW Z8 Red/Crema

Z8 Novice
    Not dumb, as I wondered the same that's why I asked...Do you have any pics posted of your 507 in this forum or somewhere else?

DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by RAREZ8 View Post
    Not dumb, as I wondered the same that's why I asked...Do you have any pics posted of your 507 in this forum or somewhere else?
    I do not, but if you have access to Netflix, it was used in the Christopher Waltz episode of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

When I get some time and the right weather, I'll take & post some photos of the 507 with the Z8.
    2001 BMW Z8 Red/Crema

I think that the two tire sets used more or less the same pressures, but don't remember exactly. I'd guess a cold target of 34-36 is a pretty safe place, but I don't remember what it says in the manual or door sticker.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoz8 View Post
    I do not, but if you have access to Netflix, it was used in the Christopher Waltz episode of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

When I get some time and the right weather, I'll take & post some photos of the 507 with the Z8.

Ron,
    Just watched the segment and your 507 is spectacular! How were you able to get your car in that series and were you nervous about it being driven by someone else, well not just anyone, lol. Love Seinfeld! How cool.

DSC Off
    An associate with Gooding who I've dealt with told me about the opportunity to see if I was interested. I figured it couldn't hurt the car's existing provenance (hill climb raced in 1958 & 1959, owned by the same person who owned the Elvis 507 for 40 years, completely restored by BMW Classic alongside the Elvis 507 and shared the stage at the public unveiling of the restored Elvis 507 in 2016...just a few days after they both had been flown from Munich...the first time I ever drove it - from the garage about 50 yards into the press tent...but at least I didn't take out any photographers in the process!).

I allowed them to use it on the condition that they have their own full value insurance policy on the car from the time they picked it up to the time they returned it...which all in was about 7 days or so.

The attached photo is from the shoot. When I approached Seinfeld during Monterey Car Week to autograph the canvas print I had made with the image, he acted, well, `bothered' and reluctantly signed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I think that the two tire sets used more or less the same pressures, but don't remember exactly. I'd guess a cold target of 34-36 is a pretty safe place, but I don't remember what it says in the manual or door sticker.
    The door sticker says 35psi for both the fronts and rears.

2001 BMW Z8 Red/Crema