Thread: South Florida Z8's

Sport Button On

South Florida Z8's

I am currently on a bicycle trip from Ponte Vedra Beach to Key West(550 miles in 5 days). On the way I have spotted only 2 Z8's, a silver/black in Lauderdale at a hotel and a Topaz in Coconut Grove. I hollered at both drivers, so if it was anyone here and you were wondering who the guy on the bike was screaming at you, it was me! BTW, today we go from Key Largo to Key West with a celebration at the Hogs Breath at 2pm.

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Wow, another Z8 driver who rides.
    Sounds like a great ride. Is it an organized ride for charity? What are you riding these days? Love to see some pics. Good luck and hope you grab a nice tailwind on the final leg.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Sport Button On
    I rode a Leopard carbon on this trip. It is a boutique bike out of CA. I also have a Merlin Ti, IF custom Ti, 2 custom steel Land Sharks and a Pinarello. The trip was fun, but we had 20-35mph winds from the south everyday! 550 miles of hell. It was 5 of us,one of which turned 50 yesterday and he wanted to celebrate at the Hogs Breath Saloon. We only got rained on one day, 2 flat tires and I broke a derailleur hanger. I couldn't find one anywhere and thought my trip was over, but a kid in a shop basically custom built me one. He found one that was close, ground it to fit and drilled and tapped an extra hole to make it mount on the dropout! Pretty incredible work. All in all a great trip! I typically ride 12-14,000 a year, that's why the Z8 only has 7000 miles on it!

I used to ride a ton, though always mountain bikes as I love the deep nature of the mountains here in southern CA. I did the AIDS Ride back in '95 550 miles from San Fran to LA, it was pretty hard on my off roader, even with skinny tires put on for the ride. Since I've been with my current Mrs the bikes have gone, and the dogs have come, so all my outdoors time is walking the pups there days!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Thanks for sharing, very inspiring. Up until 3 years ago, I would run daily 6-10 miles. Then, got too busy and had to stop. Now, 30lb later, I'm trying to restart running and gain back some of the stamina. Took me for ever (about 1 hour) to cover 5 miles yesterday, but it still felt good. Lets see if I can keep up. The heart and longs are strong, but my muscles are toast and the extra weight is a big problem. If I end up injuring myself, I'll switch to riding a bike.

Please share your exercise stories.
    2003 Z8
    2019 GT3 Touring

Any photos of the ride?
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Sport Button On
    We did take pics along the way and as soon as I get them compiled I'll post a couple!

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Hey Dave,
    Sounds like a great ride. Is this annual event for you? For the last 9 years I and some buddies have been going down to Fla to get in one full week of riding. We base ourselves in Central Florida in Clermont and do mult loops out from there. The area is be a big Tri training area. Roads are relatively quiet and its a great way to get in our base miles before the summer season here in the NE.

I do some TT's here locally but at 47, my days of road racing have passed me by.

My ride of choice these days is an 08 Orbea Orca, and also have a Pinarello and Cannondale.

Please post pics.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema