Thread: Photo shoot opportunity: Hardtop removal

Photo shoot opportunity: Hardtop removal

I've had coffee with Ken (01BlueZ8) a few times to talk about cars, and Saturday we got together to remove the hardtop from his Z8. Except for a detailing, Ken's Z8 is now all set for The Quail event in August (He was accepted last week). As a preview to Monterey, we drove a short distance together, and it was amazing to see the reaction of people on seeing not one but two Z8s on the road.

Name:  Topless.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  Topless2.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  135.7 KB
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

What a stunning duo!

Thank you! I need to start thinking about taking my Z8 up a notch or two for The Quail.

I forgot about the reaction people have towards the Z8, but I was reminded when I stopped for gas on the way to Ken's house. A lady jumped out of her Mini with her toddler in her arms to tell me that I was driving her favorite car. She then explained to her son all about the car. Amazing!
    My Best,

Ed

You know, Topaz/Crema is Henrik Fisker's favorite Z8 color combo.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)

I miss the days of being in a train of Z8's, they really are the most beautiful cars on the road.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

DSC Off
    Ed has been so kind in helping me get to know my car. Last Saturday, he went out of his way to come to the house to help and teach me how to get the hard top off the car. I didn't realize it is so heavy--it took 3 of us to lift it and place it securely on the stand. I finally was able to experience driving the car as it was meant to be driven! I am very excited for The Quail event and to meet other passionate owners like Ed. Thank you again Ed!

Three of you?! Girlymen!

Hi Guys,

My first post here. Got accepted for the Quail also. My had top came off January 2002 Been off ever since.
    Look forward to meeting fellow Z8 owners!

2002 Z8 Topaz Blue Crema and Black interior with tan canvas top. 20,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BearZ8 View Post
    Hi Guys,

My first post here. Got accepted for the Quail also. My had top came off January 2002 Been off ever since.
    Look forward to meeting fellow Z8 owners!

2002 Z8 Topaz Blue Crema and Black interior with tan canvas top. 20,000 miles.
    Looking forward to meeting you as well! If your driving to Monterey from either Southern or Northern California there are groups leaving on August 17th.
    My Best,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Leaving from Northern California! Need to repaint the front spoiler It had a fight with a parking lot with those concrete "stoppers"
    I will up load a photo when I figure out how to do it...