Thread: OT: Just got the new 17" Apple laptop....

OT: Just got the new 17" Apple laptop....

and all I can say is WOW!!

The new case & keyboard is so nicely made, it looks and feels great. The anti-glare matt LED screen is the clearest, brightest and crispest I've ever had by miles, but best of all it is sooooo much faster! For once an upgrade is really worth getting.

If you've been thinking about a 17" MacBook Pro, this new one really is the one. For the first time it really rivals a desktop.

(As usual I got a maxed out special build, 3.06 Ghz chip, 8GB RAM & 500GB drive.)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Awesome! Apple has dropped the price on the Solid State Drive, and it's my understanding that SSD is now an option on the MacBook Pro.

For me the MacBook Air with the SSD is what a laptop should be: light, silent, simple, and practical.
    2003 Z8
    2019 GT3 Touring

The SSD is a great idea, and a great expense, $1000 more for half the GB, so I went with the 7,200rpm drive, but it is silent so can't say I'm bugged by it. When we get 1TB+ SDD I'll be very on board, no pun intended!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Glad you're liking it. I got a great deal on an unopened 15" form Craigslist a few months back. The construction and keyboard are stunning. While they need to work out some issues with Display Port, it runs my 30" with ease.

I just wish matte was available on the 15".
    thegunguy