Thread: New owner Z8 - Big Thanks to Andrew

New owner Z8 - Big Thanks to Andrew

Im new to the board and to Z8 ownership. I have always loved the styling of these cars and could finally afford one!Big thanks to Andrews help and expertise in making this happen. The Z8 board is also a huge resource that I have been perusing for some months. The car a 2002 black on black, 4981 miles, all original (good or bad) vin 61793 and is a straight car. ( No strut tower issues)First stop is to dump the RFT tires and second to get the PP installed. (on order)I know many of these cars are west and east coast cars but this one will live in the northland of Minnesota. Hopefully will get a good 5-6 months of use every year!If anyone on the board lives in the vicinity Id love to hear from you. Best regards to all the members.

Welcome to the group from Des Moines !!!
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

DSC Off
    Welcome from another summer only new member in western NY State. Sounds like an awesome Z8.

David

Congratulations on your purchase and look forward to your shared adventures and joys here!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Welcome to the Z8 Forum! I would also have the clutch delay valve removed while the PP is installed because you will feel more connected to the shifting. Enjoy your ride!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Thanks to all the Forum members for the welcome and advice. CDV will be removed - new tires going on tomorrow.
    Skip - hope to chat sometime since it seems we are a few of the Z8 mid-west contingents, maybe there are a few more out there?
    Thanks again.
    Roland

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Welcome! Amazing car, and amazing crew on here! I had the fortune of meeting many of the folks at Pebble Beach a couple of years ago and only wish I lived closer to the 'hubs' as it is such a great group of folks! I am in Vancouver, Canada, so if you are ever up here, let me know!Patrick

Welcome Schatzi !

Sounds like a nice Z8. Once you get it all done, post some pics.

As far as Mid west goes - I am in Oklahoma and there are a number of Z8s from Texas to Minnesota. Personally, I have never been to the Dakotas and wonder if the Z8 community would be interested at some point in having another Meet in the Middle but this time, maybe do a tour of the Black Hills ? (Obviously at a time when the motorcyclists are not gathered in Sturgis).

Anyway, welcome to the group !!
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Welcome. Enjoy and post loads of pictures.
    2003 Z8
    2019 GT3 Touring