Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thread: New Garage Considerations

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...ner&_sacat=417

Quote Originally Posted by screenap View Post
    Quick q for those who already have an amazing garage... I was at my Land Rover dealership the other day and they had these great hanging fabric drop cloth type things with the LR logo. I asked and they do not sell them. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get these and what they
    are called... basically about a 4x4 or 4x8 cloth with the logo in the center. Just looking for some nice decorative touches that are not too gaudy.ThanksPW
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    not quite, Ton, more like what you would see at a car show - so these were quite large. Maybe 4x8, and they hung down long side vertical with the logo horizontal in the middle... next time I am there, I will take a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    So fun to revisit this and see its actually happening. Since you first posted this I have been putting a lot of time into architectural photography, and have been blessed to stumble into some visionary talents. Architecture is an incredible art and architectural photography is a very precise area of our craft, one I think you'll enjoy putting your new glass to work on.
    Hi Andrew, Just to add my 2 cents house design recently built and managed by yours truly here and garage ready for the one and only RHD Z8. Hopefully the house photo is attached.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Just show me the right one...and I will look around!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Quote Originally Posted by screenap View Post
    Hey Ed,

great to hear that you are so close to breaking ground. How long will the build be - 18 months or so?

I have been using the car lift in our new garage extensively! Not sure if you have the height, but if you do, you must get one of these! So easy to do mundane things like clean the inside of the wheels in addition to all the mechanical things one would want to do.

Hopefully you and the family can make it up to Vancouver and we can have you over.

Good luck with the process!

PW
    Hi Patrick,

We we were told 18 months for the build from May 2018, so sometime in late 2019/early 2020 we move into our dream house. The ceiling in the garage is 12 feet high, and I plan for a lift next to the workshop.

The Pacific Northwest especially Seattle and Vancouver are some of our favorite places to visit, and we’ll definitely do a better job of planning next time to stop by your place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Koh View Post
    Hi Andrew, Just to add my 2 cents house design recently built and managed by yours truly here and garage ready for the one and only RHD Z8. Hopefully the house photo is attached.
    What a stunning design for your new home! Enjoy!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Quote Originally Posted by EDEZ8 View Post
    Hi Patrick, We we were told 18 months for the build from May 2018, so sometime in late 2019/early 2020 we move into our dream house. The ceiling in the garage is 12 feet high, and I plan for a lift next to the workshop. The Pacific Northwest especially Seattle and Vancouver are some of our favorite places to visit, and we’ll definitely do a better job of planning next time to stop by your place. - - - Updated - - - What a stunning design for your new home! Enjoy!
    Thanks Ed and I am sure exciting time ahead for you to see your master plan start to take shape. Keep us posted. Cheers PKoh

Great houses Peter and Ed, bravo to you both!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

. . . kind of makes me jealous here in Mondo Condo. . .

mjunco1054
    Really enjoyed this tread. My wife (Susan) and I have decided to build a house near the hill country in Texas (Northwest of Houston), and while the design will be more San Antonio style, she told me to find a way to build a 6 car garage that fits with the architectural style of the house, so I very much enjoyed reading about the garage pointers and to see the beautiful houses. Our present house in Houston is a single story with high ceilings throughout the house and luckily the builder included high ceilings in the garages (2 car and a single car). I installed a lift in the single car garage and it works great. We are just starting the process, and I am hoping that Texas will be much easier than California to get a permit when we get to that stage.
    Manuel Junco 2001 Z8 60373 (Silver/Black)2001 Z8 60430 (Silver/Red)1976 20022017 Porsche Carrera GTS1998 Porsche Carrera S

Congratulations Manuel on your plans to build a new home! We thoroughly enjoyed designing the home to our specifications. Given the long wait through the design review and permitting processes, I have also enjoyed every minor building milestone.
    My Best,

Ed

Can't wait to see both of these gorgeous spaces come together - and maybe even get to photograph them!
    Andrew Macpherson

Progress during a dry winter in Northern California. Framing for the driveway looking down from what will be the garage in 2019.

My Best,

Ed

That's a wow!!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Please, keep documenting the process. Looking good!
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Blitz View Post
    Please, keep documenting the process. Looking good!
    I am at the site with my camera almost daily with the intent to create a photo essay of the build. I was advised to make a video too after framing to document the location of utilities that will eventually be hiding behind sheet rock.
    My Best,

Ed

What is the overall size and capacity?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JOEA2 View Post
    What is the overall size and capacity?

Joe
    The house when finished will have a 4-car garage with a 12-foot ceiling. There’s a nice workshop area too.
    My Best,

Ed

DSC Off
    Can you share your special extras you are going to build into your amazing garage/toy room/meditation space?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensand121 View Post
    Can you share your special extras you are going to build into your amazing garage/toy room/meditation space?
    My thoughts haven't changed on the "must have" items from response #14 in this string. I really like the "toy rooms" others have posted in this string with some amazing vehicles too!
    My Best,

Ed

My wife got me this.
    Joe

DSC Off
    WOW!!!!!!! not only for the nice garage stuff but includes an area to chill on a deck/patio and bathroom with shower.....way to go.....This is truly WOW!! Well done.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2