Thread: More track day thoughts....

More track day thoughts....

I know some of you are starting to get the track bug, so I thought I'd share these two little goodies with you from the EU.

The fastest track day car ever the Caparo T1 uses F1 knowhow to build a seriously fast road rocket, and Germany's 350hp answer to the Elise - the Yes!

Who knows if we'll see them here, but fun to waste a couple of moments looking at the websites! Enjoy
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Pretty cool...

...looks like the offspring of an Audi TT and a Honda S2000, with Infiniti/Aston wheels.
    thegunguy

Well, since we're on the subject....

I just had another stunning day out at my local track where I got to within a couple of seconds of my best times in the GT3 in the Elise. This little car is just such a gem, and such a joy to drive at the track.

Andrew Macpherson

and to continue on the track thoughts

here are some interesting observed comparisons, these are just from my personal records for fun, not because they are scientific!

Car..............street...............track........my best lap times @ WSIR.

Z8...............18mpg............10mpg..............1.42...........S03
    Elise............25mpg............12mpg..............1.38...........Yokohama AO48
    GT3.............17mpg.............8mpg...............1.36...........Michelin Pilot Sport Cup
    M3smg.........20mpg............10mpg..............1.40...........S03
    Andrew Macpherson

Talking Mpg?

The fact that you have consumption data proves that you were not driving fast enough!
    thegunguy

Since I always fill up upon arriving at the track, and one tank of gas never lasts the day, so knowing the mpg is a simple re-setting of the trip, and being crazy enough to keep a track log of my adventures!

The thing that amazes me is how close all these cars are with the same driver, but then I'm only an average amateur, not a winning pro. I think that the GT3 would start pulling away from the others in more capable hands. The Elise has a recorded max of 1:32 in the hands of Cort Wagner on regular tires, and I've seen the GT3 do a 1:27 wearing race tires with a Cup car racer driving, but I don't have figures for the other cars maximums at the track. To humble us all the Radicals can lap at around 1:12!
    Andrew Macpherson