Thread: Has anyone removed the grille that covers the Front Tow Hole?

Has anyone removed the grille that covers the Front Tow Hole?

I am going to install a front license plate holder in the front tow hook hole. The owner's manual says the section of the grille in front of the hole can be removed by pulling on it. I have done some pulling, but it isn't coming off. Before I start to really put some effort behind it, which usually leads to me breaking something, I thought I would ask if anyone has pulled this section of the grille out to access the tow hook hole. Any tricks or thoughts on how it comes out? Thanks.

Carter

I installed a tow hook license plate bracket, and I recall the grille piece being fairly stubborn. Attached is a photo of my tow hook grille. The knives are pointing at small flanges or tabs about 1" long which secure the piece to the underlying grille bracket. My guess is if you can apply a downward pressure on the back underside of the grille piece while rotating it forward, it will pop loose. It may require quite a bit of pressure. Good luck!

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    Hey Carter - send me a pic of the grille. I am pretty sure that you put your fingers between the slots and squeeze a little and then pull. I can't get to my car right now or i'd test it for you. Ive done it before and its just a little finicky

dave p