Thread: Hardtop Installation

Hardtop Installation

I am going to be installing the hardtop for the first time, does anyone have any pointers? Thanks.

Yep, don't do it alone (2-3 men) and do it slow. Wash w light soap and water the convertible window and dry well. Make sure top material doesn't pinch anywhere while retracting. I use 2" wide blue painters tape around body deck lid & pin holes, so as not to scatch. Top is fragile as they've been known to twist and crack the rear window, not good, just go slow and have latches aligned & ready to mate. Secure and check power window movements are clear.
    Bada bing bada boom.
    js

Thanks for the info

And if you have a crema headline, as I do (you don't) wash your hands and or wear cotton gloves so as not to leave finger prints on the headliner.... don't ask me how I know1

Z8Mania
    Also the weighting of the top is unbalanced- it very heavy towards the rear window- so be prepared for that. One would expect this but the degree of weight at the rear surprised me the first time I did it. Also Ive been advised its not the best for the soft top to keep it down for too long so I wouldn't keep the hard top on the car for too long.