Thread: Finally got to drive it

Sport Button On

Finally got to drive it

Oh my. Finally got to drive the car as the roads are finally clean and the sun came out for a few hours. First impressions--the ride is smoother than I would have thought from all I have read here. It does have new Michelin PSS tires. Engine felt a little tight, but if you apply your foot it revs up freely. Will get used to it. Nice acceleration, easy to lift the front end up a bit which is good enough for me. First and second seemed geared pretty low but doesn't like to start in second. For a 20 year old car, feels very current, can't believe what it must have been like for those of you that started driving the cars 10 or more years ago.

Only issue is idle ticking, which I've read about here. It seemed to diminish after driving some, but still there, at least at idle--don't hear it when revving at rest or when driving. The car has been in storage for at least the 5 months I've had it, plus it was in storage before that. Won't worry about it until I get some more miles.

Really looking forward to the weekend and some extended driving. We may not have great weather here for half the year, but there are lots of hilly, twisty roads.

Note to Hattat, I have your tires.