Thread: Day run through Napa

Day run through Napa

I made a quick trip up through Napa Valley yesterday to enjoy the wonderful weather that's come to the Bay Area and do some restaurant scouting for the August group. After a day of tastings and eating, we found some relaxed cross roads and farming lanes to grab a few late afternoon shots of the black car...a very filthy one (aren't they always). Enjoy.

Oh, next time I'm taking a chainsaw for the telephone poles...

thegunguy

Nice! Looks like fun

Would have called you guys, but we got invited to an event at Chandon. Let's get the girls together soon. I have a bottle of Pinot with your name on it.
    thegunguy

Great shots! I love the way those wheels look on your car, I hope you'll do the grille the same color as your rims, that'll really set your car off well.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks, Andrew. I really have loved the wheels as they are very fitting for the design, and they work on the dark colors. In the light they blend and contribute to the car, rather than standing out. In 'magic hour' and later, they become jewels that catch and reflect the available light to match the high contrast curves on the black paint. The black car is rather stunning in the falling light, especially with the warm tones of the vineyards.

I'm still trying to sort out the grill color. I was thinking more of a gray to just set it off from the black, but something close to the wheels might look nice. I mostly just want a visual distinction instead of highlighting the grill.

One more for the wheel fans.

thegunguy

Z8Mania
    I agree- those wheels look fantastic on the car. I love the depth they have.

I saw them on a E65 7 a few years back (also black). They looked very nice - bit of diamonds on a pig, but still...
    thegunguy