Thread: A couple of interesting Aston Martin stories...

A couple of interesting Aston Martin stories...

While there is no real connection to our Z8's in this, they are both interesting stories for all motoring enthusiasts....

The only Le Mans winning AM (Salvadori & Shelby '59) is up for sale for $32MM - link

And AM just announced this very attractive GT....

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Gets my award for worst music. Beautiful car, but that's the best they cam do on a video?
    thegunguy

Sweet looking AM. Still on the same chassis?

hmmm, wasn't the last DB9 supposed to be the last DB9?

This is like Elton John's farewell tour.
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

Someone in the Seattle area has what may be the only remaining DBR2 - I've seen it at our local Exotics gathering on Saturday mornings.

Z8Mania
    The car sounds amazing. The font they used in the video looks like it came out of the 80s. The music sounds like it came out of the late 80s- early 90s. The car looks fantastic in side profile. From the rear it looks good. The front, I just don't understand what is going on there- its like they have two levels of the car and theres no integration. I don't understand why all the companies right now are going more for shocking and striking vs. beautiful design. I prefer the clean DB9 or the still clean Virage (the latest model) to this. Though the V12 Vantage (2 seater) with a stick shift would suit me just fine... oh make sure to include the rocket launchers from the 007 package please Now that I think of it- whats wrong with them- why not just use the James Bond music!

Z8Mania
    COOL

Take pix and add it to this thread!! :-))
    Andrew Macpherson

Wonderful, thanks so much for sharing!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Is it just me or does the first picture of the front of the new Vanquish look like The Creature from the Black Lagoon?
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    Joe, thank you for sharing. Very very cool!!!

I see it too Marty- it seems to be a trend, very aggressive lower aero/ openings. Look at the new C63 AMG Black. Or the new M cars. I think the new Vanquish looks great though.

Passion, Beauty, Soul.

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEA2 View Post
    Their Plant is quite inpressive. They are very grateful to Ford.

Joe
    In the grand scheme of things, I wonder how much Ford actually benefited by selling when they did? They spent the better part of 20 years building what we see today only to sell it for pennies on the dollar when it became literally the only competitor to the Italian and German supercars.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8Mania
    Makes you wonder. At the same time I think their vision was to have this luxury portfolio so they might have thought since it wasn't working with some of the others maybe sell it all off. I think they could have kept Aston. And look at how Land Rover is doing now!