Thread: Buying a car on Ebay - a horror story that ended well. Read this

DSC Off

Buying a car on Ebay - a horror story that ended well. Read this

just read the article on page 9 of the SE Jaguar Club Newsletter..Fermanís Story. Must read for anyone considering buying a car on Ebay...there are good watchouts here for all: http://39jgo82ei3833qry2p32u7p0-wpen...-LB-e-mail.pdf

I've been dealing with and through Bring a Trailer for a few sales this year, and have been super impressed by the time and care they take to vet the owner and the vehicle, so much so that I would recommend them over any other online site if you're buying.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

DSC Off
    I agree with Andrew. Have encouraged car collectors and normal everyday sellers to use the site to sell their babies. All have been extremely pleased with the results. Lot less expense and waiting for several months to get them to a major auction company and heck lot less expensive for both seller and buyer. Enjoy reading the feedback on the auction vehicles.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    Agreed as well. Bringatrailer has been a good site. Ive bought and sold a few vehicles through the site and had no issues. I did buy one car through ebay (my z8 ironically) - but I saw it in person and researched the seller. Im not sure that I would use ebay again though. Seems to have a lot of shady sellers and buyers. Wire fraud, particularly in relation to real estate, is up over 400% this year from last. We had a very close call last year - they hacked one of the realtor's email and then used that to spoof the title company. All turned out well but we lost a lot of sleep and it took hundreds of hours of work on our part. The FBI, sadly, didn't seem to care much at all. I assume that a few hundred thousand means nothing to them. Be careful!

Z8 Novice
    To me, it's surprising that the auction houses and traditional broker/ gatekeeper models have held on as long as they have. It's difficult to ignore that BaT's platform delivers transparency and value to both the buyer and the seller, a win-win for the entire car enthusiast community.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I've been dealing with and through Bring a Trailer for a few sales this year, and have been super impressed by the time and care they take to vet the owner and the vehicle, so much so that I would recommend them over any other online site if you're buying.

Z8 Novice
    Having bought several cars at both high volume and high line auctions, and having just bought my replacement Z8 on BaT, I canít say enough about how good those guys are, both in the absolute, as well as relative to the other auction venues. Iíve used EBay for parts and accessories, but it seems to have gone down hill from a decade ago when I actually bought a car on the site. Go BaT!!