Thread: Anyone else in Vancouver, Canada

Anyone else in Vancouver, Canada

I am envious of all the local tips that are placed on the forum for different areas (especially Southern California). Is there anyone else out there from Vancouver, Canada? I would like to share experiences on service... I never see Z8's around, but there must be a few of us.
    Robin

Sport Button On - DSC Off harvey2's Avatar

Great photos! I take it that you were just passing through...

Sport Button On - DSC Off harvey2's Avatar
    No, I was on my way home from work that day.

So, who do you use for service? I like the guys at Auto West. They have done all my Z8 work, including the PP install and never a problem.

I have only had mine for a couple of months. Brian Jessel did the PP for me and it seems to be good (especially relative to some of the other problems that owners report). I am still working through a few issues, but they are treating me well.

2 years after your post but I was perusing old forums and saw this. Not in Vancouver but just south in Kirkland, WA - we do go to Kelowna about 2-3 times a year though

Actually Andrew expanding this would be a good survey,location by state so you can find out who has good service , who is close for events etc. etc.
    Joshb
    2002 silver/red /black

Z8 Vancouver B.C.
    I just purchased a 2001 Z8 live in Tsawwassen looking for a good service mechanic other than BMW dealerships any suggestions are welcome.ThanksKeith

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    In Vancouver and always up for a drive up the Sea to Sky! In fact, heading to Squamish for lunch today!Patrick

Z8 Vancouver B.C.
    I am picking the car up this weekend looking forward to driving it back from Okanagan

Nice - that'll be a great drive! Careful for gravel on the Coquihalla!

Quick pic from today's drive

The Z8 is at our other place, so went for a spirited 911 drive up the Sea to Sky!

Great ride! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by screenap View Post
    The Z8 is at our other place, so went for a spirited 911 drive up the Sea to Sky!

My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8 Vancouver B.C.
    Beautiful car!

Thanks... it is a hoot! Such a different beast than the Z8... I almost bought a Targa GTS last year but that didn't work out and I gotta say, happy I held out to get my hands on this car.

Z8 Vancouver B.C.
    Have you done the Performance package or any other mods to your Z8?

Mine is completely stock, other than the PP. It was installed at the BMW store. They also switched out the headlights as they were foggy, along with taillights as they eventually started going. These are typical things, and for the latter two, BMW helped out a bit. Still, cost a bloody fortune for lights, but less than the fortune BMW originally wanted :-)

Z8 Vancouver B.C.
    When you did taillights did you have rapid signal blinking front and back and if so would you happen to have copy of work BMW store did and price. I use CMG motorsports in Richmond they are quoting around 5,500 to replace both side circuit boards and housings no issue with my bulbs front or rear just rapid blinking turn signals.Also I see two Z8's in Tsawwassen one silver black interior other Topaz blue but haven't been able to flag them down. You wouldn't happen to know of these cars or their owners would you?

Hi,

Mine was just the back but I had both rears replaced... total cost to me was $2,500 as they did a split between BMW Canada and me. This required phoning BMW Canada, and arguing for it. Brad Dekoster at BMW Store was instrumental in this... however, this was at a time when BMW NA was offering to do it for free, I think, in the US, so unsure if it will still apply. All they list is the actual tail light units, which I think include the control modules.

Z8 Vancouver B.C.
    Thanks do the tail light unit modules also control front signals?